Quantcast

House pictures

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, today is the big move. We are signing all the paperwork and closing on our hold house tomorrow so we have to get all our crap out today. The house isn't ready to be moved into yet, so we are piling our stuff up in the basement while they finish the upstairs.

I thought it was a good opportunity to take some pics.

Master bedroom

Other side of master bedroom

Arch in foyer

duh

half of the kitchen

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Damn.... um YOU SUCK!

Looking good. What happened with the ext. window trim?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh yeah and just that bedroom nook has more outlets than our cabin had.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You should landscape in a few jumps in the yard before planting grass. A nice tabletop with a flower bed planted in the middle would be super stealth. Instead of a retaining wall a put in a fat burm.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
You should landscape in a few jumps in the yard before planting grass. A nice tabletop with a flower bed planted in the middle would be super stealth. Instead of a retaining wall a put in a fat burm.
Plus with the flower bed you could say it's a landscapping detail to add to the value of the house so you could put it past your wife.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
The back edge of our property is setup PERFECTLY for a couple of nice drops. Aside from that... I'm going to ride around some of the surrounding vacant property to see what's what.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
NICE!

That house does not look liveable yet. Where are you going to stay while it's finished?
Yea, it's not. Builder says they need a solid 5-7 days to make it livable... i.e. install all the trim work, doors, flooring, and cabinetry. Looks like we are going to stay at my Father's place down in N.E. PA (about an hour away). It works out well... no one is living there at the moment and it's out in the country so our dogs won't be a problem.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Looking good!

:thumb:

If I was the builder I'd say you prolly had 4-5 weeks before it was finished though. Painting, floors, final hvac, elec and plumbing trim seem to take a while here in my area.

I love the 'texture' you used on the ceiling sheetrock and the exterior elevation looks great as built.

-N8

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Dood, you must be a yuppie ha? That place looks like it must have cost a fortune. Well, I live in Massachusetts where 400k wont buy you a 768sq/ft 1 floor slab ranch.
Allow me to rant here for a second. F-MASSACHUSETTS

Nice crib man. Slap that builder around good. Make sure you know where he lives, where his kids go to school, his home phone number and all the rest of that stuff. Me and my builder are like inches from an all out FIST FITE. He lives on my street in one of the houses he built while his mansion on the lake gets completed. Whenever he drives by, I run out to the end of my driveway and chuck him the finger. I put up signs on my front lawn "HARRINGTON SUCKS"

Hate the guy, hate, hate, hate.

Sorry to derail the thread man. Primo crib. Make sure you build yourself a kick ass boom-boom room man with all the goodies that man wants/needs/deserves :thumb:

Knuck