Quantcast

How do these people survive?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Did you notice that the suspension wasn't sagging? The car could have been set up for it. Also, I can't tell what kind of dirtbike that is, but my friends KX125 weighs only 220#'s. The Class 3 receiver on my truck (std 2") has a tongue rating od 350#'s.
But having a load that unbalanced does seem foolish, unless there is something ales going on that we don't know anout/can't see.

Edit:Can't tell for sure, but on second look, it looks like the basket may be welded to the car.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im not saying the hitch cant hold the bike's weight, but Im just wondering about what's holding the front wheel down to the top of the trunk there, and if that's even safe. Sure dont look like it to me.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
BurlySurly said:
Im not saying the hitch cant hold the bike's weight, but Im just wondering about what's holding the front wheel down to the top of the trunk there, and if that's even safe. Sure dont look like it to me.
The same device that is moto-less on the right side, I'm guessing. You'd be amazed at how little it takes to hold down a dirtbike (I was).

Slowsser said:
"hey, isnt that shaun palmer?"
If it was Palmer, the car would be metal flake ornage, the doors would have been wleded sahut, and there would have been a trail of hype and rumors trailing off the back of it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Nah, trust me. I been riding dirtbikes for a long time, and hauled them everywhere and that still looks pretty sketch to me. I wouldnt put my $5k KTM on there.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Damn, that is pretty bad ass. I wish I had an old caddy to cruise around in and take to the Trailhead. Put some Hydraulics, some 20's, paint some flames on there and I'd be pimpin' .

Look closely at the front tire on the MX, there is a contraption holding the tire down, kinda like sportworks uses for their bike racks.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Joe Pozer said:
Look closely at the front tire on the MX, there is a contraption holding the tire down, kinda like sportworks uses for their bike racks.
I was just going to say that.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Repack said:
If it was Palmer, the car would be metal flake ornage, the doors would have been wleded sahut, and there would have been a trail of hype and rumors trailing off the back of it.
lol! thanks for the clarification :D

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
BurlySurly said:
I wouldnt put my $5k KTM on there.
That thing's tricked out way more than $5K. The fancy anodized hubs and black wheels were probably north of $1K alone. And I think I'm seeing a Scotts steering damper setup.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I saw something far worse than that on Hwy 1 heading south outta Big Sur...there was this jackass in a dilapidated Cousin Eddie camper...and he was towing a pick up truck...WITH A HORSE STANDING IN THE BED OF THE TRUCK!!!! The poor thing was all hunkered down trying to hang on for dear life...I called the CHP and I was like I am not drunk (you know...one of those rare occassions) but I had to repeat myself several times...NOT a horse trailer...camper pulling pick up with horse in bed of pick up...unbelievable...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I saw something far worse than that on Hwy 1 heading south outta Big Sur...there was this jackass in a dilapidated Cousin Eddie camper...and he was towing a pick up truck...WITH A HORSE STANDING IN THE BED OF THE TRUCK!!!! The poor thing was all hunkered down trying to hang on for dear life...I called the CHP and I was like I am not drunk (you know...one of those rare occassions) but I had to repeat myself several times...NOT a horse trailer...camper pulling pick up with horse in bed of pick up...unbelievable...
Dispatch - stop calling you crazy ass lunatic.
Lisa - Yes, yes - I know I call about dumb crap all of the time, but this time I mean it.
Dispatch - STOP CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa - fine, but Mr Ed's life will rest on your conscience.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
:confused:

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Dispatch - stop calling you crazy ass lunatic.
Lisa - Yes, yes - I know I call about dumb crap all of the time, but this time I mean it.
Dispatch - STOP CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa - fine, but Mr Ed's life will rest on your conscience.

Oh shut up...

Poor horse not only was hunkered down hanging on for dear life but he had to breathe the fumes from the cousin eddie camper...bastard...

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
On the subject of ghetto moto moving, a friend of mine told me about seeing a guy back his beat-to-hell car up to a snowbank, drive his snowmobile on the roof, and drive off. Or maybe I read that here. Pretty sure it was in Maine, which could explain a lot.

EDIT: I was a dumbass and forgot to say what kind of sled I was referencing.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Oh shut up...

Poor horse not only was hunkered down hanging on for dear life but he had to breathe the fumes from the cousin eddie camper...bastard...

While I don't dispute that this is an act of ignorance, I could not, in the name of all things holy, not have a smart ass post. I feel for the poor horse, but screwing with you comes first in the list of priorities.

Now - where the hell is the picture???

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I know. It pisses me off when cops ignore bar-ends, too.

Those things should be illegal.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MikeD said:
I know. It pisses me off when cops ignore bar-ends, too.

Those things should be illegal.

those are barkbusters yo! much cooler than what you'll be using to girl your way up some sissy hill. they're made for busting uh...bark and stuff.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hey! My road bike has a threaded headset...
and my XC bike has bar-ends.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MikeD said:
Hey! My road bike has a threaded headset...
and my XC bike has bar-ends.

that's pretty bad, but Im getting a cyclo-x bike soon, so Im sure I'll hear it then...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You're getting a CX bike?

Hmmm, maybe you should lend it to poor Stoney...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah...I want a bike better than my 1x1 for commuting, plus I wouldnt mind doing some CX racing. I like the idea of jumping barriers and short laps and all that.