Quantcast

Hutchinson Octopuss 2.3 UST. Anybody using these?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Man, I love tubeless, on and off with 2 hands, no tools. Add 2 cups of jizz, mount the other side of the tire, air compressor, POP, POP, done. Only downfall is cleaning up the tire that came off. Figured I'd try something a bit lighter than the gazza 2.3 UST's I had on. They are 2lbs each, these are a bit lighter. Not that 2lb's is gonna be noticable, I just got them for next to nothing and figured I've give them a try, plus it gives me the opportunity to post whore another pic of my bike.

I haven't ridden them yet. Know nothing about Hutchinson tires. I use WTB and Nokes usually. Anybody using them?
Good, Suck, Awesome??
Knuckle

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ill tell you what man, i had them for a while and i loved them, they handle almost any type of terain really well. When i first looked at the tread pattern it seamed that they wouldnt do well in mud but i was wrong. Personally I think excel in dryer loose terrain the best. They kept the weight down and stayed away from large square blocks that are tough to pedal. Usually those blocks help in the wet stuff but this tire still rips on most things...enjoy

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
5 FAVORITE ORACLE WORDS

1. FAILED :mumble:
2. UNABLE :mumble:
3. CANNOT :mumble:
4. WARNING :mumble:
5. FATAL :mumble:

f$ adconfig.sh contextfile=$APPL_TOP/admin/PATCH.xml appspass=apps
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /d02/apps/patch/patchora/iAS/Apache/perl/perl/lib/
5.00503 /d02/apps/patch/patchora/iAS/Apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005/PA-RISC2.0 /d02/apps/patch/p
atchora/iAS/Apache/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005 /d02/apps/patch/patchora/iAS/Apache/perl/bin/HPUX/Opt
/lib/5.00503/PA-RISC2.0 /d02/apps/patch/patchora/iAS/Apache/perl/bin/HPUX/Opt/lib/5.00503 /d02/ap
ps/patch/patchora/iAS/Apache/perl/bin/HPUX/Opt/lib/site_perl/5.005/PA-RISC2.0 /d02/apps/patch/pat
chora/iAS/Apache/perl/bin/HPUX/Opt/lib/site_perl/5.005) at /d02/apps/patch/patchappl/ad/11.5.0/bi
n/adconfig.pl line 78.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /d02/apps/patch/patchappl/ad/11.5.0/bin/adconfig.pl line 78.
f$