Quantcast

I hate drunken drivers...

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
I was going to the grocery store yesterday and ended up behind a red volvo that was driving rather strange.. I decided to watch him carefully as he was turning very sharply back and forth, where a normal driver would use much smoother motions.

It didnt take long untill i saw him swaying into the uncoming lane, his or her head went down a few times into the passanger seat so i figured maybe s/he was picking something up, but this behaviour kept on even when s/he sat still in the drivers seat. I decided to follow him to see if this was gonna be consistant. So i followed at a distance at first. The volvo started driving faster, and making questionable overtakings so i kept on his/her tail without dangering myself. Since there was abit of traffic on the road s/he didnt get too far away before i was back behind. As we neared the freeway he went into a circulationpoint and couldnt keep the volvo in the middle of the lane but swirled back and forth and once entering the onramp s/he noticed i WAS following, and stepped on it. I floored my own pedal but couldnt really keep up in my VW Jetta.. but traffic let both pass (two lane traffic only) and i started honking and flashing my lights to get him/her attention and maybe make them feel guilty and stop, instead s/he increased their speed, we were now doing 130km/h on a 90km/h speed limit. I kept on to try and follow him/her home and give them a piece of my mind. I kept on honking and flashing to get other drivers to notice this was a chase, and call the police, since typically i had left my cellphone at home!

But as we entered narrower roads and the speed was now close to 160km/h and my jetta couldnt keep up anymore, i decided to stop an old couple and luckily they had a cell phone. So i called the police, gave them the license plate number, and hoped they might catch the idiot drunkard before he/she got home... But i seriously doubt it as there are a huge shortage of traffic police in my county.. I wish i hadnt left my cell at home, if i had had it with me, i wouldve followed at a distance without allerting the drunkard i was following, with the police on the phone to give them more directions as to where we were going..

Ive never been so angry or excited in my life. My legs were shaking and i was staggering as i asked the older couple for their phone..

Man i hope this never happens to me again :(

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
if only i had gotten him/her to stop :(

at least then there would have been 1 less of these apriciated 16000 drunken drivers in sweden every day..

i hate these killers..

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Actually the police officer i spoke to thanked me for following him untill the road got narrow. I asked if what i did was wrong and he said that it wasnt exactly legal, but an act that they wouldnt fine or revoke my license me for, since i stopped.

Dont confuse swedish police officers with american ones, they are quite different.

BTW, its called civil courage, not vigilante justice.

But nevermind.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Thank you bmxman. MMike has a point, but i believe i did what i did for a good cause, and i stopped when it started getting out of hand and i knew the person would never stop..

but either way, i wont do this again since i wont ever leave my cell at home again :(

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
my mom gave it to me for free to replace my old dump of a volvo.. its a pretty nice car actually, it just lacks powerstearing :(

im gonna replace it once i prioritize a new car.. that wont happen untill i have my canfield..

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
grimm said:
Actually the police officer i spoke to thanked me for following him untill the road got narrow. I asked if what i did was wrong and he said that it wasnt exactly legal, but an act that they wouldnt fine or revoke my license me for, since i stopped.

Dont confuse swedish police officers with american ones, they are quite different.

BTW, its called civil courage, not vigilante justice.

But nevermind.

civil courage... I'll have to use that one soon.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
grimm said:
Thank you bmxman. MMike has a point, but i believe i did what i did for a good cause, and i stopped when it started getting out of hand and i knew the person would never stop..

but either way, i wont do this again since i wont ever leave my cell at home again :(
you must not post here enough to know that mmike likes being a jerk. He enjoys it.

Good job doing the right thing. And yes, bring your cell phone next time... it'll help you do the right thing even better :)

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
No, i dont post here very often, but i do still think he has a point, but he puts it the way he thinks ill get upset and angry. doesnt work on me :rolleyes:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Damn one armed drivers...

Yeah it is really hard to have drunk sex with a goat while you are driving if you can't use both hands. That is a common thing for one armed drunks to do in Texas and it always turns out like this.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Good lord...that wasn't YOU was it? :)

I have both hands and the goats rarely cause that much trouble for me. It was not me.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
A short update:

I found out that the person i followed was actually a WOMAN.. i looked the license plate number up, and it was registered to a woman.. and sadly i think it was her driving since the person did look like a rather short woman.

I always liked to think that women were abit more responsible than men in traffic. but this just proves that there are female idiots as well..