Quantcast

I HATE MY JOB!!!! (rant)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
AHHHHH!!!!!!!! I took this stupid frikkin job because my friend worked here, and said it was good. I am in technical theatre, and needed a job to put on my resume, so I took a crew position at the summer opera. It doesnt pay, so I also have two other jobs. I pulled in 90 hours last week.

Well, the old TD (technical director) is not back this year, and the new guy doesnt know SH!T!! The show opens this weekend, and so far, every day this week we have been working 9am until 11:?? pm, and are schedualed to do that every day this week. ok, yeah, no big deal, I've worked 15 hour days before, but I have always gotten quite a few breaks. Not here. 15 hours, ONE break for one hour somewhere between 1 and 3. That is REDICULOUS!!! I woke up this morning with a really sore throat, and cant swallow. I am hungry becaue I havent eaten since frikkin 2:00 (although, I did order a pizza, and its on its way), I just want to go home a ride!! I havent gotten to ride in almost two weeks, and I feel like busting out and stabbing someone in their head!

I am going to have a little talk with the TD and the theatre manager tonight after rehearsal, and let them know that If I dont at least get an hour lunch AND an hour dinner, I'm walking. I have two other jobs that pay WAY more than this, and I dont need to put up with their crap! At least I found an internet connection backstage so that I can Post on the :monkey: between scene changes.

And oh yeah, for all this fun happy stuff, I figured out that M-F of this week, not including any of the work we will do on the weekends, I'm making a little over $3.00/hr :dead:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wumpus said:
I would assume he is salaried.

Bingo

We just did a scene change where I am in charge of flying in a 650 pound set piece, and I am so physically exhausted, I almost let it drop :dead: Not only are they screwing me, but they are putting everyone else on this stages life endanger.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
T-Pirate said:
I don't even have a job. I am still trying to decide if this is a good thing or not.
Jobs suck. Almost universally. Unless your "job" is a bike guide or ski instructor or something along those lines......

I spent the first 5 years out of college finding lots of cool ways NOT to work. It was a blast. Circumstances dictate that I pull down a good wage now, though........

-S.S.-

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BigMike said:
Bingo

We just did a scene change where I am in charge of flying in a 650 pound set piece, and I am so physically exhausted, I almost let it drop :dead: Not only are they screwing me, but they are putting everyone else on this stages life endanger.

Technically that really doesn't matter. Even if you are "salaried" the company is still required to keep you above the Minimum wage threshhold. There were also recently some pretty big changes in these laws. So if that is the case and you want to persue that avenue, you probably should seek out the advice of an attorney.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
You guys really want to get me started on work? I can't stand my fu****g job. The as*holes make you work 9 hours a day. I don't need 1 hour lunch. I eat while I work :monkey:

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, gotta stay 9 ****ing hours. I hope a gas line breaks and blows up the building. Seriously. It's the USA folks, we aren't supposed to have anything that resembles a fu****g life right? But at least I got a fat crib, fat ride, and fat bikes that I can't use right? Why? Caus I gotta come to this stinkin PRISON and ROT for 9 hours per day. Not to mention the 2 hours a day in the car to get to this miserable fu****g place. I hope everyone in this building DIES.

Knuckle

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Knuckleslammer said:
You guys really want to get me started on work? I can't stand my fu****g job. The as*holes make you work 9 hours a day. I don't need 1 hour lunch. I eat while I work :monkey:

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, gotta stay 9 ****ing hours. I hope a gas line breaks and blows up the building. Seriously. It's the USA folks, we aren't supposed to have anything that resembles a fu****g life right? But at least I got a fat crib, fat ride, and fat bikes that I can't use right? Why? Caus I gotta come to this stinkin PRISON and ROT for 9 hours per day. Not to mention the 2 hours a day in the car to get to this miserable fu****g place. I hope everyone in this building DIES.

Knuckle
Ok this time tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back :blah:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Knuckleslammer said:

Knuckle
My advice to you is to smoke a very large joint, NOW.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Thanks for all the entertainment folks... and making me remember why I left the F'ing huge corporate structure after 10 years. :thumb:

Time for me to lock up the building, commute my 15min to home, grab the bike and go for a ride that has great climbs and ends up overlooking Laguna beach and the pacific ocean. Then head back down some super steep technical fun stuff and grab a beer while the sun sets... life is hard in SoCal!!! :sneaky:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
good for you man, coorperate sucks as*. I leave everyday at 5pm. that's quitting time. I'm the first one out the door while all the rest of the droids are still busy at work. I don't feel guilty, caus I'm the schlump putting patches on the applications system and db at phucking 3am. I'm the DBA, I run the finances of the company whether they know it or not, so don't F*** with me? OK? I couldn't imagine another 20 years of this. I seriously would rather be dead. I just don't have the balls to bust a cap in my cranium, plus I have a daughter. Seriously though. I'm stuck in Oracle, and my medical technology degree is useless, I got nothing. I hate medicine, and I hate Oracle. The only thing I like is wrenching and that pays $5/hr so I'm screwed. Coorperate prison phucking sentance for another 20-30 or a cap in my frign cortex. Those are my options and I wish I did have the balls for the cap, caus that's how miserable I am. No time off, just work work work. American dream ha? What's a nightmare?
I don't wana hear about Iraq either. Phuck them too. Burn in hell.
Hey, did I just go off or what?

:D

Knuckle

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
Knuckleslammer said:

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, gotta stay 9 ****ing hours. I hope a gas line breaks and blows up the building. Seriously. It's the USA folks, we aren't supposed to have anything that resembles a fu****g life right? But at least I got a fat crib, fat ride, and fat bikes that I can't use right? Why? Caus I gotta come to this stinkin PRISON and ROT for 9 hours per day. Not to mention the 2 hours a day
in the car to get to this miserable fu****g place. I hope everyone in this building DIES.

Knuckle

Just dont let them take your stapler

Jun 17, 2004
Florida
Life is too short to hate your job guys. :mumble: I've been there before, but I didn't give up until I found a job that I didn't hate. :thumb: It sucks to have to go to a job that you hate so get off your ass and do something about it, 'cause a good job will not come looking for you. If you have to attend a technical school or something...so be it, just do whatever it takes and you will be happier in the long run. Just do it.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
drift1492 said:
Just dont let them take your stapler
LMFAO :stupid:

That movie rocked - Actually inspired me to change things... well ok it inspired me to talk to the wife about it and she made sure I followed up on it (gotta give her props for it too! :heart: ).

Knuckleslammer - There is a better job out there for you - sounds like it's time to go find it. :thumb:

If not - send you bikes to me before oyu off yourself! :evil:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yeah, your lucky. Imagine surfing the internet for 9 hours a day?
I don't take a lunch which is 1 hour deducted. I eat at my office. So why do I have to work an extra hour. There's no gym to work out at lunch. It's just sit and rot for 9 hours and leave with a back ache. The AMERICAN PHUCKING DREAM HA?

Knuckle

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
big mike: somewhere between richmond and dc? That sounds like fredericksburg. I'm from up there and took a few semesters at Mary Washington while I was saving money for school at UTK. I misread the timetable and took history of musicals instead of hisotry of music because the .als was cut off. When I figured out the mistake after 1 got to the class, there was no turning back. This thread just made me think of the productions we had to watch for that class and all the bs involved with the staging. If there is a big bald dude who sings way too much and takes everything too seriously, he was the professor. Anyways, getting out of northern va and getting a college degree doesn't get you away fom working all the damn time...at least not for me.

-peace

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
d.e.f. said:
big mike: somewhere between richmond and dc? That sounds like fredericksburg.

-peace

I am from Springfield VA, work in DC, and go to school in Reeshmond. Therefor, at any given time, I am between Reeshmond and DC :)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So...... I got them to give me $75 more a week, but, I STILL FVCKING HATE WORKING THERE! I guess I must just be a pvssy, but minimum 12 hour days kill me