Quantcast

Im a n00b...

Transparent

Chimp
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
whats up everyone. Im a n00b to this site and the sport of mountain biking. Ive been thinking about getting into the sport for a while now. I went out the other day and picked up a bike. I got a blue Specialized Rockhopper. the guy at the bike shop told me it was a decent bike to learn the sport with. I like it so far. Ive hit some local trails already. just figured Id say hi to everyone.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Transparent said:
I just got started, for me its a sport. maybe it'll become a way of life......
Welcome to the :dancing: . "Maybe....a way of life" :think: We'll ask you again in a few days.

"Master why must you always call me grasshopper?"

Because you are ugly like insect.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Transparent said:
I just got started, for me its a sport. maybe it'll become a way of life......
oh, you'll get addicted and buy more bikes. Make sure you get three rings on your road bike. Otherwise, the other roadies will make fun of you for only having two :rolleyes: :D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
LordOpie said:
oh, you'll get addicted and buy more bikes. Make sure you get three rings on your road bike. Otherwise, the other roadies will make fun of you for only having two :rolleyes: :D
Road bike :think: ? Who said anything about a road bike. :eviltongu

Transparent

Chimp
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
I know what you're saying about buying bikes. I used to BMX ride in HS. I would buy a new bike almost once a year. just to get something newer and better. I get easily hooked on stuff, so I dont see why this would be any different.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Transparent said:
I got a blue Specialized Rockhopper. the guy at the bike shop told me it was a decent bike to learn the sport with.
Man, you got ripped by someone who doesn't know sh*t.

Everyone knows that blue bikes are way slower and break much easier than red or black. Take it back and get a red one. ;)

Welcome to Ridemonkey :devil:

Transparent

Chimp
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
pixelninja said:
Man, you got ripped by someone who doesn't know sh*t.

Everyone knows that blue bikes are way slower and break much easier than red or black. Take it back and get a red one. ;)
oh I forgot to say, it was built on a Tuesday, which makes it fast than a red or black one