Quantcast

Is having a bike better than having a GF?

1SurlyRider

Chimp
Jun 24, 2004
Springfield Va
While working in the shop a few days ago, I started thinking about what is the more rewarding relationship, A Girl or a bike, now if were talking over all here, clearly the girl is the best choice, for the most part but I think I can make a decent argument for the bike.
1. You never need to ask permission to ride your bike.
2. Your Bike never gets Jealous if I take a friends for a test ride.
3. A 3-Way fixes everything. :thumb:

Thats all I came up with so far, any other ideas? Pros or cons.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
1SurlyRider said:
While working in the shop a few days ago, I started thinking about what is the more rewarding relationship, A Girl or a bike, now if were talking over all here, clearly the girl is the best choice, for the most part but I think I can make a decent argument for the bike.

Hey and you can't really contract any disease from the bike when you test ride it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
N8 said:
There is no trail ride that can EVER be better than GREAT SEX....!!!!

...might be a couple that come close though... ;)
This is definitely true, but he did not as about a ride vs sex, he asked about a bike vs a woman. And I can tell you without even flinching that my bike requires a whole lot less maintenance than does my woman.

In my book... bike = #1, woman is somwhere mid-pack.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Damn True said:
The more time I spend with my bike, the fitter I get. The more time I spend with women, the fatter I get.
:stupid:

I've definitely gained weight and lost fitness over the past 2+ years... and although I've managed to get my finances in order (zero c-card debt :cool: ) I still don't have any money... :think:

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
1SurlyRider said:

AHHAHA that's right...

-If you had it with your bike, you can just put it away, or throw it aside.
:p I don;t know if that will be a wise thing to do your girlfriend.

-Bikes don;t have a period, only mechanical problems.. so no headachs when you wanna ride, your bike always wanna ride, when it's ready for it. :sneaky: :p

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
A bike is better than a woman because you don't have to watch a bike order the most expensive thing on the menu and then not eat even half of it

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
BMXman said:
uh no!!!...a woman is much better...if you have doubts you're with the wrong woman:think:....D
i completely agree, but id NEVER give up BIKING for a woman.. still she would come first, as my gf does. good thing she has no problem with it.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
grimm said:
i completely agree, but id NEVER give up BIKING for a woman.. still she would come first, as my gf does. good thing she has no problem with it.

Agree also, my girl kicks butt, is supportive of my riding/managing/racing. Although she knows very little about bikes shes always willing to listen to me blab on and on about bike stuff or frustrations with racing/managing/my bikes, she comes to support me at events when possible. I would never give her up for a bike and she knows how much riding means to me so she'd never ask me to give up riding for her, prefect world, girl and the bike! I'm a happy guy.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Bikes are like women, you get all excited when you get a new one, but after a few rides it feels just like the old one.

Ooohh, I'm gonna die in an ugly way if my wife reads this.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Broken_Spoke said:
A bike is better than a woman because you don't have to watch a bike order the most expensive thing on the menu and then not eat even half of it
lol! so true man, so true. i've never understood how someone can pay for food and then not eat all of it. it's beyond my comprehension.
in the past 5 years(i'm 21), i don't regret losing a girlfriend. but i miss some bikes i've sold. i don't wonder what an old girlfriend is up to, but i wonder if my old Super 8 is still in commision.
i'm not gonna deny that there's some great women out there, but i think a lot of times a great girl-friend is a bad girlfriend. same goes for guys, though, ya know.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Moderation in all things.

If your bike:girl ratio favors the bike too much, you unwittingly annoy everyone around you by turning any innocent comment within earshot into vocalized sexual innuendo.

If your bike:girl ratio favors the girl too much, you unwittingly annoy every girl around you by turning any innocent comment within earshot into vocalized references to biking.

It's a symbiotic thing. Good biking makes you fitter for good sex...which makes you appreciate time spent biking...which then makes you appreciate time spent boots knocking...etc.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There's one thing that a girlfriend can do for you, that a bike could never (and should never) do.

That's right.. You've got it.

Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about...

...a good foot rub!

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
binary visions said:
There's one thing that a girlfriend can do for you, that a bike could never (and should never) do.

...a good foot rub!
AHHAHAHA i thought you meaned something else.

But bikes can suck, and girls to.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Damn True said:
This is true, but as most of us know, the #1 cause of reduced libido in women is wedding cake.
Biggest load of CRAP ever :D

You just need to find the right woman. Unfortunately, finding the right woman is a LOT harder than finding the right bike. And the consequences of landing the wrong woman are way worse than getting the wrong bike.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Damn, I've never heard of such a bunch of p*ssy whipped mother phuckers...waahhhh...my charge cards go up if I piss my girl off...wahhhh...my girl won't let me ride...wahhhh my girl won't give me sex...wahhh I got fat...

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS HERE, BOYS!!! you think you all are easy to live with??? you think YOU don't whine and bitch and complain? You think YOU give it up enough??? Think again...and stand up for yourselves, for christssake...y'all are soundin like a bunch of ball-less mo fo's! Goddamn...worse than Stosh, some of you are!!! :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
binary visions said:

...a good foot rub!
Yes...and we all wait for that golden opportunity to rub your caloused stank ass feet with yellow sea shell-like toenails!!! Ok...that just grossed ME out! :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Damn, I've never heard of such a bunch of p*ssy whipped mother phuckers...waahhhh...my charge cards go up if I piss my girl off...wahhhh...my girl won't let me ride...wahhhh my girl won't give me sex...wahhh I got fat...

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS HERE, BOYS!!! you think you all are easy to live with??? you think YOU don't whine and bitch and complain? You think YOU give it up enough??? Think again...and stand up for yourselves, for christssake...y'all are soundin like a bunch of ball-less mo fo's! Goddamn...worse than Stosh, some of you are!!! :D
Sweet, someone's got less balls than me!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dh girlie said:
Yes...and we all wait for that golden opportunity to rub your caloused stank ass feet with yellow sea shell-like toenails!!! Ok...that just grossed ME out! :blah:
Ugh. People who have "caloused [sic] stank ass feet with yellow sea shell-like toenails" shouldn't even ask to have their feet rubbed, and should consider it a favor straight from God that a girl even deign to touch 'em. But some of us, dh girlie, actually wash our feet once in a while, which means far less encouragement (read: begging) is required.

Reciprocating the favor helps too, of course, but that applies to a lot more than foot rubbin' :D :evil:

A bike is never better than a good relationship. The flip side of that being that in a good relationship, you shouldn't have to constantly ignore the bike in favor of the girl...

As LL said, all things in moderation.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Sweet, someone's got less balls than me!!!
Hmm.. This begs the question, do they have less balls than you - that is, smaller in size, or do they in fact have fewer balls than you?

Which is worse? Would you rather have a uni-nut of normal size, or a couple of tiny tic-tacs knocking around down there?

Either way, it would be a difficult thing to have less OR fewer than stosh, given dh girlie's assumption of having no balls whatsoever... (I don't think they count as yours if they are not in your possession)

This thread is hopelessly lost...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
binary visions said:
Ugh. People who have "caloused [sic] stank ass feet with yellow sea shell-like toenails" shouldn't even ask to have their feet rubbed, and should consider it a favor straight from God that a girl even deign to touch 'em. But some of us, dh girlie, actually wash our feet once in a while, which means far less encouragement (read: begging) is required.
:blah: :blah: remember Jim Carrey's feet in dumb and dumber...when the girl had to bring out that grinder to grind his toe nails down...HAHAHA!! I saw some guy come into this restaurant in Monterey the other day...he was wearing flip flops...and he had the feet I was describing...I nearly puked my meal up it was so gross... :blah: :dead:

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
A good woman is far superior to even the best bike out there. Comon now...
Riding bikes is fun, but if the most rewarding and important thing to you is your bike, Im sorry but you have some priority issues.

This just sounds like something a single guy who has woman troubles would say.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
You can still have lots-o "fun time" with the girls regardless of wether you have a "girlfriend" , on the other hand, borrowing a bike whenever ya need one is much harder to do....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
TickTock said:
A good woman is far superior to even the best bike out there. Comon now...
Riding bikes is fun, but if the most rewarding and important thing to you is your bike, Im sorry but you have some priority issues.

This just sounds like something a single guy who has woman troubles would say.

THATS ME!!!

Bikes are waaaay better than women :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
urbanhuckbot said:
Why Coffee Is Better Than Women?

15. Coffee smells and tastes good

rotflmao!

You are with the wrong women!! Taste and smell are what its all about!!

I, of course, am talking about the taste of the food they make and smelll of their perfume....:devil: