Quantcast

Kingdom Trails. Lyndon, VT

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Stowe is better than kt anyways. Trails are better, there’s actually stuff to do besides ride, there’s tons of food options and bars and shit.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
That’s why you stay somewhere connected to the rec path and just pedal to the trail and the bars.
Stowe is dead. All the good trails from the DaveVT era have been sanitized. Even Perry Hill lost some feathers along the way. You have to dig deeper to find some good ol' VT sniggles.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The only way it sounds they'll solve this is by spreading people out; restricting parking or access or something.

I get the Quebec thing, but it's funny reading the comments on that page. Would people just assume I'm American, because I don't have a French accent? Or would it be because I'm slow and yield to everyone? :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The only way it sounds they'll solve this is by spreading people out; restricting parking or access or something.

I get the Quebec thing, but it's funny reading the comments on that page. Would people just assume I'm American, because I don't have a French accent? Or would it be because I'm slow and yield to everyone? :rofl:
Do you say sorreeeee, when you step out of the way?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have they looked at what makes Kingdom Trails so appealing to outsiders?

Is it the amount of trails? The fact that everything is pretty "easy" and relatively family friendly? Just somewhere to be, that others also find fun?

I've only been once, so take it as you will, but Kingdom was kinda "meh" for me. Don't get me wrong, lots of fun and whatnot, but it felt kinda generic. But having the bike friendly spots to start and have a mid ride break at was nice.

But then again, we went in August or something and during the week, so there weren't a ton of people there.

But to me, if Quebec is the REAL problem (they aren't, I'm assuming), what makes them venture to Kingdom?

A weekend at Raystown in PA is light-years more chill and less costly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have they looked at what makes Kingdom Trails so appealing to outsiders?

Is it the amount of trails? The fact that everything is pretty "easy" and relatively family friendly? Just somewhere to be, that others also find fun?

I've only been once, so take it as you will, but Kingdom was kinda "meh" for me. Don't get me wrong, lots of fun and whatnot, but it felt kinda generic. But having the bike friendly spots to start and have a mid ride break at was nice.

But then again, we went in August or something and during the week, so there weren't a ton of people there.

But to me, if Quebec is the REAL problem (they aren't, I'm assuming), what makes them venture to Kingdom?

A weekend at Raystown in PA is light-years more chill and less costly.
Went to a Monkeyfest there and while I really enjoyed the weekend can't say I remember a single thing about the trails. Most fun I had on the bike was drunken pursuit races around an oval RC car track.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Went to a Monkeyfest there and while I really enjoyed the weekend can't say I remember a single thing about the trails. Most fun I had on the bike was drunken pursuit races around an oval RC car track.
holy shit...you were there? I remember the oval track races one year over in the parking lot. There was another guy, can't remember his name, he's no longer active...

I like kingdom trails because they are trails, unlike most of the terrain in southern NE (Boston area). Dirt ribbons in the woods. It was always worth the hike to get a nice solid 20+ miles, which you simply can't do in the metro area. There was also the vermont "vibe" and a concerted trail center where everybody was happy with everything. Sounds like everybody goes there now, however...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
holy shit...you were there? I remember the oval track races one year over in the parking lot. There was another guy, can't remember his name, he's no longer active...

I like kingdom trails because they are trails, unlike most of the terrain in southern NE (Boston area). Dirt ribbons in the woods. It was always worth the hike to get a nice solid 20+ miles, which you simply can't do in the metro area. There was also the vermont "vibe" and a concerted trail center where everybody was happy with everything. Sounds like everybody goes there now, however...
Yes I was there. Trails weren't bad but I wouldn't travel more than a few hours for the trails. But like Monkeyfest it is a great place to meet up with people to ride, which is perhaps the big attraction.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I like the vibe at KT but when its busy it really sucks. I like the trails because you can just ride all day and not think too much. Trails are fun, different then what I am used to.

There is no way of solving the issue. People will just ride with out passes and park where ever they want . People are just entitled these days.
Plus they should have a no Vanlife sign coming into KT. Sorry vanlifers. A few have ruined it for the many. Just pay $27 and get a campsite. You can afford a 100k van you can afford $27 for a camp site. Or just ask mommy and daddy.
Rant off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
park where ever they want . People are just entitled these days.
Sounds like a great business opportunity for a guy with a tow truck.

Man, imagine being the Karen parking illegally, riding all day without a pass and then roll back to the spot where your vehicle WAS parked? :rofl:

They'd probably still bitch about it on tiktok.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Sounds like a great business opportunity for a guy with a tow truck.

Man, imagine being the Karen parking illegally, riding all day without a pass and then roll back to the spot where your vehicle WAS parked? :rofl:

They'd probably still bitch about it on tiktok.
That would be a great idea and tow it to Rutland of somewhere. A-hole will be A-holes and blame someone else and cry on TikTok and then call mommy and daddy.