Quantcast

@@@@ Last Derp@@@@

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Baddddd jetlag this morning. When I got up 6am my youngest was filled with energy as he had slept for 12 hours. I was soo tried I could only handle one input at the time from all the things he wanted me to talk about.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yo sup

failed my workout this morning, but I almost feel like it was designed that way. 30m of sub-threshold effort with 30s above threshold every 2.5 minutes. No rest. Failed halfway through, just didn't have it in me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode at 7PM with my buddy last night, rode at 7AM with another buddy this morning. Effing 100% humidity, I had to stop every 5 minutes and spray water on my fogged glasses.

Now I need a nap.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Present and accounted for. The Child doesn't want to sleep, which means we have compromised and none of us are sleeping.

Must finish building a wiring harness later so I can get the 3rd brake light on my truck topper hooked up. Tis inspection month and I'm due to once again visit the crazy inspection man.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FRIDERP. God damn, day is packed here at work. Been here until 6pm every day this week, which is pretty depressing after returning from a mini trip.

Must leave here at 4pm or else..

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yo sup

failed my workout this morning, but I almost feel like it was designed that way. 30m of sub-threshold effort with 30s above threshold every 2.5 minutes. No rest. Failed halfway through, just didn't have it in me.
That sounds like a horrible plan, IMO. Upon good advice I just don't do zone 3 when it's called out. Zone 1 or 2, and zones 4 or higher for appropriately limited durations, sure. But no grinding in zone 3.

I have an attenuated version of the upper respiratory schmutz that's been bouncing around my family. All four of the non-me humans tested negative for COVID so I'm going to skip the test as my symptoms are similar, and because I've been working from home all this week. That streak is continuing today, too.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
yo sup

bunniesweed.jpg

:wave:

Present and accounted for. The Child doesn't want to sleep, which means we have compromised and none of us are sleeping.
aef50301d056b522f7d092eb9dbfcc25 (1).jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya pals! I ran 22 laps around the high school track before the sun came up. Got to work and read an e-mail saying the vax is now mandatory. Get the vax or get fired. I am on board with this policy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's fucking cold out. Haley showed up ready to leave in her snow boots and skis gloves this am.

I almost threw a pillow at Hannah this am. She decided to come into our bedroom and just talk to herself, intentionally loud enough to wake us up. After a slight scolding, she slammed the door on the way out. Have kids they said...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Signed myself up for a 250 word, 24/hr deadline micro-fiction contest. 3 rounds, top 10 stories in each group advance. I'll consider it a great success if I get out of round one. All these RM posts are about to pay off.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Signed myself up for a 250 word, 24/hr deadline micro-fiction contest. 3 rounds, top 10 stories in each group advance. I'll consider it a great success if I get out of round one. All these RM posts are about to pay off.
@Adventurous will critique your work for us

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Exciting day of rounding up keg beer and building a co2 system for 7 kegs. Big toe spent the night out of his brace and the bed sheets didnt cause any tugging or pain that ruined my sleep. That's a win! Going to sneak into a Cosmic Crisp block later and pilfer some snacks.

If anyone wants to show up in Yakima tomorrow and go to a beard competition and live show with frontmen from Screaming Trees and Mudhoney, hit me up before 2pm and I will give you free tickets! Me and my peeps will have beers from 7 breweries on tap.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If you wanna win this competition get @jdcamb to ghost write it for you. He’ll melt the judge’s minds.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That sounds like a horrible plan, IMO. Upon good advice I just don't do zone 3 when it's called out. Zone 1 or 2, and zones 4 or higher for appropriately limited durations, sure. But no grinding in zone 3.
Yes, I think it was. This was Zone 4 (lactate threshold), with "sprints" in zone 5 (VO2 Max). I'm reading about it now and training peaks sez it's usually broken up in sections of 10-30 minutes as it is very mentally taxing. So yeah, it was very mentally taxing and I tapped after 15m.

That being said, I imagine if I were able to complete it, the adaptation would be phenomenal. Basically riding just under FTP with VO2 max efforts...that's not so different from a Crit or something similar. That being said, an effort like that needs rest, and I have worked 4 days so far this week, so I just didn't have the capability to cross the finish.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no nye monster magnet playing "spine of god" show in myc...

le cancel

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yes, I think it was. This was Zone 4 (lactate threshold), with "sprints" in zone 5 (VO2 Max). I'm reading about it now and training peaks sez it's usually broken up in sections of 10-30 minutes as it is very mentally taxing. So yeah, it was very mentally taxing and I tapped after 15m.

That being said, I imagine if I were able to complete it, the adaptation would be phenomenal. Basically riding just under FTP with VO2 max efforts...that's not so different from a Crit or something similar. That being said, an effort like that needs rest, and I have worked 4 days so far this week, so I just didn't have the capability to cross the finish.
That sounds like a straight up FTP test. :D

If the rest of your week was all zone 2 cruising then maybe for one day...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omg, I almost forgot. :rofl: While we were driving home from the vet last night Haley just randomly asked me if we could move somewhere else. Little bit of WTF?! from me and she's decided that she doesn't want to be in the US anymore. She mad that people here don't care about each other (kids in her class refuse to wear masks, even though their teacher has an immunocompromised husband), that people treat each other like shit because of religion (she was shunned in 1st grade by a group of girls because she doesn't go to church and it hasn't gotten better), and people here don't care about the environment. She wants us to move to NZ because people there do, they have a woman [president] and people around her in charge (cabinet), and skiing and mtb.

When I told her that we can't because neither Wifey nor I have skill sets that NZ wants for foreign immigration, she started peppering me with questions about what it takes. So I went through how STEM are in demand and with those degrees or backgrounds you can probably get in. She has now decided that she wants to move there and will get a degree so she can. I already expect her to end up in one of those categories as-is, but now she really wants to do one. I found her in her room last night playing a coding game because "I want to go to NZ". Hopefully she has a better attention span than me.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
no nye monster magnet playing "spine of god" show in myc...

le cancel
I wanted to see Idles this week at Terminal 5, but I'm not quite ready for indoor live music with sweaty dudes during an endemic yet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I wanted to see Idles this week at Terminal 5, but I'm not quite ready for indoor live music with sweaty dudes during an endemic yet.
seeing them in dc monday...

seeing nothing in fc sunday..

standing way in the back...