Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Old man and I got picked for the deer hunt down the street. Last year it was just me, so I'll be glad to have him along since this will be my season.

Otherwise, The Child only woke up once during the night. Great success!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:happydance:It’s not raining today, at least not yet. Trying to not let the stress of having a fair amount of crop to harvest, get to me. I rode on Zwift this am. Not sure if that’s winning or losing, better than nothing though.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Crate training the puppy went better last night. He only whined a few times during the night. The first night he was so pissed off that he barked for hours. We left him in the house and slept in the camper,

Espresso then off to the delta for the day. supposed to be sunny but cold

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran five awful miles before sunrise. The running itself was fine, but it was dark, raining, windy, and 48 degrees. I enjoyed no part of that.

I had my annual physical yesterday. My iron, ferritin, and red blood counts are all low. We're changing PPI drugs and if that doesn't help I need to see a hematologist. Fun! So with that diagnosis, Doc declared me Covid booster eligible, so I just booked an appointment for next Tuesday. I do wonder how running and biking would feel if I had normal red blood count levels.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I ran five awful miles before sunrise. The running itself was fine, but it was dark, raining, windy, and 48 degrees. I enjoyed no part of that.

I had my annual physical yesterday. My iron, ferritin, and red blood counts are all low. We're changing PPI drugs and if that doesn't help I need to see a hematologist. Fun! So with that diagnosis, Doc declared me Covid booster eligible, so I just booked an appointment for next Tuesday. I do wonder how running and biking would feel if I had normal red blood count levels.
I had a co-worker who had super-high iron levels, and basically had to get blood-let once a month. You guys should connect.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe its the dark and rainy weather we've had for two days now, maybe its knowing that winter is only a few weeks away, maybe its the other stuff going, but man do I feel like a bag of potatoes today.

When I get my performance review with my manager at the end of the year, I've decided that I'm going to ask them for a raise, above the whatever % they always up it at. I think my pay has been well justified and could do with a few extra dollars. I'm the senior guy on our small team and in the last year we've had to deal with ya know, the whole covid thing, one team member got fired, another just quit, I've been splitting time between two buildings now (one of them takes over an hour to drive to ughhh) etc etc the list goes on. The boss is a good boss, so even if I miss one of my goals, having to deal with all of this crap is for sure contributing to that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. work is meh, espresso was good this morning.

i too, am struggling with the notion that the cold dark months are upon us. i feel like i missed most of the summer due to a lack of riding as a result of my back injury.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mid-summer riding here was smoked out for chunks of time, mainly from the Cali wildfires. It looks like the end of this work week is the last of the "warm" weather.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Puppy has decided that preventing me from putting on socks is his mission in life.
walked in parents house to pick something up.....here my dad laughing in living room....puppy on lap licking his face while he is holding eggs above head....they have good on not letting her snarf human food...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mountains were calling earlier....i was on snooze...

might go up to brpw later on....

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I made a storage rack for some of my skis last night, to get them better organized and stored more neatly. This had the unfortunate second order effect of making it easier for my wife to see how many pairs I actually have and now she's (jokingly) mad at me.

Really played myself on that one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I made a storage rack for some of my skis last night, to get them better organized and stored more neatly. This had the unfortunate second order effect of making it easier for my wife to see how many pairs I actually have and now she's (jokingly) mad at me.

the obvious solution is order her another pair

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
what....

did i miss something...
I might not have posted much about it. But yeah, got married in July. Basically just hiked up to a fire lookout near Mt. Baker with a few friends, had one of them officiate, then camped there for the night and got everybody drunk.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
made a storage rack for some of my skis last night, to get them better organized and stored more neatly. This had the unfortunate second order effect of making it easier for my wife to see how many pairs I actually have and now she's (jokingly) mad at me.

Build a rack for her shoes next.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I might not have posted much about it. But yeah, got married in July. Basically just hiked up to a fire lookout near Mt. Baker with a few friends, had one of them officiate, then camped there for the night and got everybody drunk.
great location....

washington has some of the most scenic...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy, but will be intermixing all my "free time" from work studying. I'm running out of time before my test for this class and I still have material I'm working through. Wifey told me last night that she's teaching a class for a Master's program in Real Estate Development at CU this afternoon. Apparently she just kinda forgot about it and is in a panic trying to get the slides done right now. My house to-do list is getting longer... going to be a cold winter working on the table and mitre saws in the backyard since they have been relocated to the storage shed in the back.

I did this to myself with organizing the garage and needing to put big stuff down into the storage shed. That meant the out of sight bikes had to come back upstairs into the garage - all 12 of them. Spent a chunk of summer selling them and we're down to 7 bike now, including Hannah's little bike. I need to sell one, but my motivation is low. It's worth too much to give to the shop, which partners w/ a local bike charity, to get to people that can use it. Though I did give them my Burley trailer, since Hannah isn't using hers anymore.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i'll take that as confirmation that we will be seeing you on an episode of hoarders
Speaking of which, went by MIL's place last night to change a smoke alarm batery. She had her table shipped out from CA and it's just stacked with piles of paper now. She did get 4 boxes emptied over the last 4 weeks though...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I read inpatient studies today. And play trumpet tonight!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Spending the morning teaching degreed engineers how to read prints, should I at some point slip in the fact that not only am I a real engineer, I have zero formal training at all? Or say screw it and just add all the completely un-measurable dimensions they're asking for?

Gunna need more coffee