Quantcast

Liberty Seguras TT bikes have no front brake!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:eek:

Yes I know they have a front brake but it is hidden around the back of the fork. First time I have seen this. Any thoughts on the aerodynamic advantage of this?

;)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The fork and handlebar stem appear to be all one piece. You can see the fork pivot at the edge of the yellow section.

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
yup- it's all integrated- not sure of the actual benefit, but it looks pimp. He's the only Phonak guy rockin one though, must just be a prototype for now.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
scofflaw23 said:
pretty interesting. this is how the new Look track bikes are made also...benefits anyone?
I have limited knowledge but it seems to me that it might reduce weight just as far as having a much simpler design and since its made out of carbon fiber, not sure if that is it or not. :rolleyes:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
You replace the stem, steerer, and a bunch of bolts with a 1 piece assembly that's lighter, simpler, and more aerodynamic. I can't believe it hasn't been done before.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
mtnbkr4235 said:
I have limited knowledge but it seems to me that it might reduce weight just as far as having a much simpler design and since its made out of carbon fiber, not sure if that is it or not. :rolleyes:
keep in mind that the bikes cant be under about 15 lbs. 8.6 kg? anyone know 100%?

I was watching "the lance chronicles" two days ago and they were weighing lance's TT bike, and had to call trek and tell them that it was too light.

sorta funny- but it looked like they had a digital scale from a post office. how fitting.