Quantcast

(*) Middle IDGAF (*)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So. Fucking. Tired. Layla got sick last night at 1245, 245, and 545. Hannah woke up crying for no apparent reason at 1145. And here I am awake early to get blood drawn because I have a Dr's appointment today. Kill me. Please.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Given the apocalypse happening on the south shore, we're lucky to have escaped relatively unscathed. But trails will be total mess with mucho trees down. I hope you guys are fine.
Not much out by me, honestly. Had the power flicker a couple of times during the morning workout, but no trees down and relatively little drama on the way in. In fact, the wacky backroads that i take were mostly clear. We've lost a ton of trees since moving in, so I guess anything that's left is pretty durable. You guys do OK?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not much out by me, honestly. Had the power flicker a couple of times during the morning workout, but no trees down and relatively little drama on the way in. In fact, the wacky backroads that i take were mostly clear. We've lost a ton of trees since moving in, so I guess anything that's left is pretty durable. You guys do OK?
Same here. We're usually protected from the worst wind. Traffic seems quieter here, too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
windy as balls here today, actually woke me up early. Otherwise I got nuthin'.

@kidwoo ... how much snow did you get out of the storm? is it over yet?

Got just over a foot of paste at my house but it's full blown winter a little higher. Going to grab the powder scooter out of fire protection storage today. It's hilarious, everything's filled in and not a single ski area was ready to open. If only it could be like this all season...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
booked flight for sleep in denver....it will be nice to fly without baggage.....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently the recent headaches I have been getting are probably because of the limited amounts of candy corn and my body not being able to process simple sugars anymore. Derp and dammit.

Neuro is also in agreement that I should probably talk w my PCP about getting formally diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, as it presumably might solve some of the issues we've been attributing to the epilepsy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Apparently the recent headaches I have been getting are probably because of the limited amounts of candy corn and my body not being able to process simple sugars anymore. Derp and dammit.

Neuro is also in agreement that I should probably talk w my PCP about getting formally diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, as it presumably might solve some of the issues we've been attributing to the epilepsy.
///ADHD

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I am confused. You run on simple sugars, at least your brain does. Now people can develop problems managing the level of sugars in their bloodstream, that is called diabetes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am confused. You run on simple sugars, at least your brain does. Now people can develop problems managing the level of sugars in their bloodstream, that is called diabetes.
@stoney you should wear a CGM for a bit to see what's actually going on re sugars.

And the brain can run on ketones + a little glucose from hepatic gluconeogenesis. That's the whole point of ketogenic diets for epilepsy--stabilizing through that chemistry.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney you should wear a CGM for a bit to see what's actually going on re sugars.

And the brain can run on ketones + a little glucose from hepatic gluconeogenesis. That's the whole point of ketogenic diets for epilepsy--stabilizing through that chemistry.
This. When I transitioned to Modified Atkins Diet (keto with fractionally more carbs), my seizures dropped substantially. Once they were clearly stabilized, I was transitions up to a low glycemic diet (~80 gross carbs/day), to provide some more flexibility with diet. But flexibility is eating half an apple with peanut butter or a handful of berries with my morning yogurt (keto; I can't have regular yogurt).