Quantcast

(*) Middle IDGAF (*)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
C'mon now. I know this is a lie because you live in Seattle.

No one there would think that was strange.
This is true. At the start of the pandemic I tried going to the grocery store late at night to avoid crowds, saw some things that can't be unseen. Decided I was better off with crowded daylight hours.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, AT&T completely bricked my and my son’s older LG phones. I don’t get this, as they are 4g phones, and AT&T said they were not supporting 3g anymore. Anyone know anything about this? I really, really like the features on my phone.
Granted they sent some replacements for free, but the replacements certainly don’t have headphone jacks, 128 storage, or a built in DAC.
Grumblemotherfuckersgrumble

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So, AT&T completely bricked my and my son’s older LG phones. I don’t get this, as they are 4g phones, and AT&T said they were not supporting 3g anymore. Anyone know anything about this? I really, really like the features on my phone.
Granted they sent some replacements for free, but the replacements certainly don’t have headphone jacks, 128 storage, or a built in DAC.
Grumblemotherfuckersgrumble
Due to their 3G deprecation schedule, a couple of months ago they sent S a new Galaxy S9 for free as they thought she was still using her old S7 Active (she wasn't as we'd bought an LG off ebay she'd had for 18months)

Thankfully it still has a headphone jack.

My S20 FA doesn't and instead I have to use a bulky dongle :panic:

What replacements did they offer you?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
it’s an AT&T Calypso, with 16g of storage. Surprisingly, it does have a headphone jack, but not enough storage for my Spotify. It is a super-cheap house model.
They must have run out of S9's to give away :p

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Phone issue resolved…AT&T was going off the fact that the SIM card I have been using for years is only 3G, and not the phone itself (which is 4G).
All good again.
Until we go through this in a bit with 4G phaseout, of course.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Phone issue resolved…AT&T was going off the fact that the SD card I have been using for years is only 3G, and not the phone itself (which is 4G).
All good again.
"SIM" card, not SD :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Phone issue resolved…AT&T was going off the fact that the SD card I have been using for years is only 3G, and not the phone itself (which is 4G).
All good again.
Ask them for a 4g sim card

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wifey is gone for the week…I just ate an entire 8.25 OZ can of Honey Roasted Cashews for dinner.
buuuurp
I too am fending for myself this week. But I made fajitas for dinner.

*But also ate plenty of junk this afternoon when I got hangry.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Layla's getting progressively worse, so Wifey's off to the vet with her. She's about to become an expensive dog, but so be it. Otherwise normal work and study for me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. Layla's getting progressively worse, so Wifey's off to the vet with her. She's about to become an expensive dog, but so be it. Otherwise normal work and study for me.
Wrong thread we said, get a dog they said....