Quantcast

New Bike Products

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Seems like SRAM leapfrogs Shimano regularly these days. I have no intention of buying these anytime soon…but they seem to push the development further and with enough trickle-down I may eventually.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Wouldn't really consider UDH dropouts a new standard anymore.. SRAM were Lizardy AF introducing it tho.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Not that I break stuff, but from watching/reading the PB coverage, the strength of that rear mech is impressive.
A mate broke one last week. Beer might have been involved in its fate.
none of the pictures I've seem show them stomping on the bottom pulley area of the derailleur. Of course they're strong up top, but smack them on a tall rock or snag them on a wayward stump or root, and you're still fucked.

I also can't believe no one mentioned how this resembles the old Saint and Hone thru-axle mount. I ran them for years, and was quite happy with them. but that was back in the day of SS cages that weren't quite as exposed as these new ones...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wouldn't really consider UDH dropouts a new standard anymore.. SRAM were Lizardy AF introducing it tho.
They are good at setting patent traps, like the XD driver. I assume the UDH will be open, but bolting a derailleur to it ist verboten.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
SRAM were Lizardy AF introducing it tho.
From somewhere in the PB coverage it sounded like the manufacturers were told what the end game was.

Good news is it might kill supermegaboosterplus on trail bikes as it's not compatible.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Who are we foolin', "not compatible" in the bike industry just means another reason for them to come up with new standard.

135mm regular(?) spacing
142mm preboost
148mm boost
150mm dh
157mm super boost
???mm super-duper boost?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Who are we foolin', "not compatible" in the bike industry just means another reason for them to come up with new standard.

135mm regular(?) spacing
142mm preboost
148mm boost
150mm dh
157mm super boost
???mm super-duper boost?

There.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Didn't Ibis go there too?
I think Evil are also.
Devinci and WeAreOne also.

Personally, I would be very happy if this new technology helps Boost148 to prevail for the years to come, but it doesn't look like SRAM's Transmission is incompatible with SuperBoost157.

On Evil's website, there is a Wreckoning fitted with a full Transmission group, and this is a SuperBoost157 frame.

1679507216525.png

Maybe I am missing something?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
From somewhere in the PB coverage it sounded like the manufacturers were told what the end game was.
Yeah. Considering lead times bike manufacturers have for their following years (plural) bikes spec/groupsets. Its obviously no secret to them. Even a low denominator ludite like me knew months back that new full electric sram drivetrains were spec'd on certain brands next model year production bikes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You're not going to bring back a tiny change to the old 160 (or was it 165) DH then??

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Do we really have to say 'Transmission'...cmon. If it was a fucking gear box I could get onboard but it's just the same thing w/ improvements.

It is almost like riding that CR250 and being lined up at the gate next to 40 other people in 2nd gear with clutch in and 3/4 throttle down trying to make the first turn.

But much slower and lamer.....

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Do we really have to say 'Transmission'...cmon. If it was a fucking gear box I could get onboard but it's just the same thing w/ improvements.
I don't know if that was directed to me? I used the name Transmission earlier and I admit I almost felt dirty doing it. ;)

I guess "Eagle T-Type" is probably more appropriate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They worked on the wrong thing IMO. I have never had issue with Eagle derailleurs, it is the cassettes you can't shift with more than a few ounces of chain tension.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
They did work on the cassettes as well, they're all rampy and narrow-wide and shit now. Haven't had a chance to try them yet but supposedly better shifting under power. Also, I've had mixed results with the derailleurs lately, they seem to go slightly out of whack more easily than in years past (or maybe (probably) I'm just less precise getting through teh rox). Whether these are as much better as the hype remains to be seen.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

We are introducing Trinity.
This is a big step for Intend and we are excited to finally share it with you.
This brake system is not just another brake. We put as much thought into it as we could and there are most certainly some features which will catch you by surprise.

Let’s do a quick fire round:

Painless Bleed: Bleeding a brake has never been easier. With a separated bleed lock bolt and fully flushable hydraulic route with no “dead” zones will make bleeding an effortless activity with no mess at all and a spot-on, airless result.

Painless Fitting: No annoying tensions in your brake cables. Easy as ever cable routing. You can even lock the fitting pin to prevent dirt entering the hose and oil spilling.

Painless Piston: High durability, least possible dead stroke, no secondary chamber for air traps and consistent performance deserve the term “painless”, don’t they?

Refrigerators: Yes, you read that correctly Our refrigerators represent optional cooling fins which for a change don’t have to be tossed away with your worn out brake pads.

There is a lot to talk about. If you are interested in an in-depth demonstration of the Trinity brake system, head over to our profile and check the link in the Bio for our latest youtube video. Cornelius will take you through the idea & development, features and bleeding process of Trinity.
already sold out

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
They did work on the cassettes as well, they're all rampy and narrow-wide and shit now. Haven't had a chance to try them yet but supposedly better shifting under power. Also, I've had mixed results with the derailleurs lately, they seem to go slightly out of whack more easily than in years past (or maybe (probably) I'm just less precise getting through teh rox). Whether these are as much better as the hype remains to be seen.
With the big plate, and long cage, a ever so slight tweek of the hanger translate to bad shifting in the upper gears. New groupo takes care of that. Thats why they got rid of all limit screws.