Quantcast

new gas grill time....(dammit)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
when my wife and I got married we were given a gas grill from my then boss(after the honeymoon, I quit the job ahahahah).

every year I've had to try and find replacement parts for it and NO BODY sells them around here. it's a known brand but I think this model may have been on close out or something.

last year I couldn't get the parts and this year we REALLY need them. the flames in the bottom are just on giant flame now... the wife just called from the BBQ parts store and said they can't get the parts, maybe we should buy a new grill (last week she was saying how she didn't want to buy a new grilll blah blah blah, women...)

so now I have to/get to look for a new grill. only, I don't want to spend a ton of money so I'm limiting the budget to around $150.00

any suggestions?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
i have a charcoal grill. two infact.

gas rocks. flip it on, throw on yer stuff, turn it off...

no mess is nice as well. and like I said, I have 'coal grills

signed,

the pussy:D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
If you can stand to spend a bit more, there is this NICE stainless Steel one with a Rotisserie and side burner for about $300 at CostCo.
It is all you could ever want in a grill. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
-BB- said:
If you can stand to spend a bit more, there is this NICE stainless Steel one with a Rotisserie and side burner for about $300 at CostCo.
It is all you could ever want in a grill. :thumb:
That's the one I have... I think. It's a Charbroil. It's still like new after 4 years. I had to get a *nice* cover for it, though. The stock one blew monkey nads.

-S.S.-

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Maybe you can find the parts you need by clicking on the links at the bottom of this thread! ;)

Edit: woops they changed to snowboard links when I posted. Weird.

Edit again: lets see if this helps GAS GRILL! :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
If it's not Kingsford, it's not barbeque. It's true, I bought some of the Albertson's charcoal a few months ago and the food didn't quite taste right.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
pnj said:
i have a charcoal grill. two infact.

gas rocks. flip it on, throw on yer stuff, turn it off...

no mess is nice as well. and like I said, I have 'coal grills

signed,

the pussy:D

Whatever lets you sleep at night bro. ;) :monkey:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Two friends recently purchased charcoal grills that have a removeable fence around tham so that you can also use it as a fire pit. Not too expensive either. Can't remember the brand though.
And I do not like Kingsford. I use the "real" stuff that looks like pieces of wood. It burns at a noticeably lower temp. Much easier to slow cook.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I don't need anything fancy. most of my grilling is done on the 'coal. I just like to have the option of gas. I guess I just got used to it... and when entertaining it's easy.

we have a fire pit thing as well so I don't need nothing like that built in.

I just want some high BTU's and I'll be happy. well, that and side by side burners. seems like alot of the newer grills are back to back or front/back not side to side.

MMcG, the hell you talking 'bout?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Sorry for being dumb, but whats the big deal about side burners? If I'm boilnig water for something, I just go inside. For everything else I cook on the flames.

Am I missing something, or am I just a pimp griller bbq master? :cool:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Repack said:
...whats the big deal about side burners? If I'm boilnig water for something, I just go inside. For everything else I cook on the flames.

Am I missing something?
dunno really. the only thing I can think of is some people have like outdoor kitchens that they cook in. so they have maybe a sink, counter top and then a 'kick as$' stove/range/grill thingy as well.

then there is the whole 'more is better' arguement and the 'if they make it, someone will buy it' arguement.
:oink:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
pnj said:
dunno really. the only thing I can think of is some people have like outdoor kitchens that they cook in. so they have maybe a sink, counter top and then a 'kick as$' stove/range/grill thingy as well.

then there is the whole 'more is better' arguement and the 'if they make it, someone will buy it' arguement.
:oink:
the side burners are so that you can emasculate your fellow yuppie grillers with add-ons and doodads. :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
PNJ:

Have you tried Home Depot or Sears for the replacement parts you were looking for? Both stock a sh*tload of grill parts here.

As for a $150 grill that just works? Charbroil. For that price you can get a fairly nice one completely assembled at Home Depot or Lowe's.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
berkshire_rider said:
PNJ:

Have you tried Home Depot or Sears for the replacement parts you were looking for? Both stock a sh*tload of grill parts here.

As for a $150 grill that just works? Charbroil. For that price you can get a fairly nice one completely assembled at Home Depot or Lowe's.

oh yes. I have looked everywhere locally (pretty much) but the grill is five years old or older (may have been a close out model..) I CAN order parts online but it's a 'no returns' deal and I say "screw that". they only have part numbers... I have no idea what part numbers go w/ the parts I need.

I'll just look at as an opportunity to upgrade. :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
hell, I replaced the burner almost every year (seattle weather blows and I never covered it)

the grill case itself is in great shape for how old it is. no rust. the wood is a little warped and whatnot but other then that, it's not bad.
it's going to the dump on saturday though...

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
yall are all wrong. just do what me and my dad did. we cemented a 3in diamiter piece of pipe in the ground and then just cut a beer keg in half and put a grate in it. and bam its a grill. and its a grill with style to.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Psychic_Pimp said:
Just got a summer sale catalog from Home Depot. They have a Fiesta gas grill with side burner for $169. Don't know if it's any good...

I saw that online. I'll have to take a gander at Lowes or homo depo and see what looks good.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I prefer the convenience of gas at home but the flavor of charcoal on the road. A decent compromise is one of the newer grills that feature a built-in smoker- you just add your pre-soaked hickory or mesquite chips to a pull-out drawer and you get food cooked evenly over gas but with that awesome smoked flavor. :drool:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Brian HCM#1 said:
Well then use them and put the money towards a new DH bike.
never! :p (on the DH bike)

I use 'coal quite often though. gas is just something we've gotten used to. we have gas in the kitchen as well. I'm sure your probably still using an electric stove....... :rolleyes: :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Brian HCM#1 said:
Nope, we have a gas range at home, I prefer charcoal over gas. Just go to Costco and get the 48 pounds of Kingsford:thumb:
yep. picked up that double pack just about 3 weeks ago and it's almost gone....

I cook outside alot. maybe not as much as you, but I can get a fire lit in the wind. :evil: :D