Quantcast

new saddle time. what's the goods these days?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The Chromag Lynx is cushy and narrower than the Trailmaster. I've got a few thousand miles behind me on a Lynx that's on my gravel bike. For the mtb's I have been liking the firmer saddles from Chromag - the Mood and that new one I put on my geared hardtail, the Lift.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I really like the Ergon SM Enduro. Relatively flat profile, narrow nose without a hook that gets caught on shorts/pants. Big channel in the middle. Medium firm.

The one thing I'd add to fitting is if you've tried measuring before and still not been comfortable, try sizing down. I'm 5'8", size medium in like everything, but all the measuring guides were putting me in M/L (~14+ cm saddles), and I could never get comfortable on long rides. I probably spent $500+ on fucking saddles over several years. Then I tried sizing down with the Ergon and it was like the heavens parted, rainbows, unicorns, etc.

I'd put the SQLabs as firmer than a Silverado. I've tried a couple of them (13 & 14cm) and they were just too firm. The WTB Koda is like a shorter, cushier Silverado.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
obviously that would be a perk

the catch is he has to relieve my garage of them, maybe hand them off for a stinkbike build.

I have saddles I got for testing, rode like 10 times and then never touched again....some of them ridden once. At the very least it can help narrow down options
Got any 90s era SDG kevlar saddles in there? :)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Had a recommendation for a WBP pure-V for endurance stuff. I can say that I don't hate it nearly as much as I have hated other seats recently, which is generally a good thing.