Quantcast

Northstar Pro's and Con's

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
So, last weekend, dexterq20 and I and a group of friends went to Northstar for some riding, well, dexter didn't ride, he had an ingrown toe nail. The riding was great, I was hitting boondocks drops (6' rock drop) and haulin ass down the double black's. It was great until my chain guide came loose. I didn't know what happened, so I took it into the shop and asked them what was wrong. the people in the shop didn't know what the hell to dohttp://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2, it too them 45 mins to fix it. They thought I was screwed and needed a spacer inbetween the guide and my bb. I got fed up with their stupidity and suggested that they just take out the crank arm a little further and tighten the guide that way..and of course it worked. less than 1 min outside the shop, my chain came off. so, i take it back in to have the crank off. that took another 20 minutes because they couldn't figure out how. gha! The riding was amazing, though. Weather was mid 70's-80's and übersunny. if you're in cali, ride northstar. there is also a bunch of new northshore stuff in lower karpiel. one cool one starts at a tree, goes up right next to it, and goes down curling around the tree, it's pretty rad. moral of the story, the nortstar bike shop sucks.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Brian HCM#1 said:
N* is a great place, however my recomendations......................Learn to fix your own bike and you'll never run into that problem again.

No doubt, self sufficiency is part of our sport!
Make sure your ride dialed BEFORE you go, it'll save you hassle and expense

And I'm Northstar bound in 2 weeks :dancing: Woohoo!
BRAAAP!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Zark said:
No doubt, self sufficiency is part of our sport!
Make sure your ride dialed BEFORE you go, it'll save you hassle and expense

BRAAAP!
Hey Zark...are you racing on the 18th at N*?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
I had it all fixed up before I left, don't know what happened though. yea, I could have checked it more, but, meh, no big deal. anyone from the bay area willing to go up like the 11th or 12th?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Zark said:
BRAAAP!
Keep me posted, Noah. Hopefully I'll have a bike by then. Tell Kashi to gimme a ring sometime soon.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
manziman said:
I had it all fixed up before I left, don't know what happened though. yea, I could have checked it more, but, meh, no big deal. anyone from the bay area willing to go up like the 11th or 12th?
I'll be there mon the 12th then either that fri or sat.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Brian HCM#1 said:
N* is a great place, however my recomendations......................Learn to fix your own bike and you'll never run into that problem again.
Unless Brian will do it for you on the side of the hill, for free. :thumb:

I bet you $100 I was on the side of the trail fixing another flat before you guys got out of the parking lot. :angry:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bushwacker said:
Unless Brian will do it for you on the side of the hill, for free. :thumb:

I bet you $100 I was on the side of the trail fixing another flat before you guys got out of the parking lot. :angry:
Another flat? That sucks :stosh:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Joe Pozer said:
Hey Zark...are you racing on the 18th at N*?
Negative Carlos, on the 18th I'll be doing Downieville! :sneaky: You wanna ride Downiville again? ;)

I did one race this year, and only because I designed the course and felt obligated to :p

What trail are they racing on Sunday? Will the fact that they are racing the next day impact riding on Saturday? Any closures or anything?

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Zark said:
Negative Carlos, on the 18th I'll be doing Downieville! :sneaky: You wanna ride Downiville again? ;)

I did one race this year, and only because I designed the course and felt obligated to :p

What trail are they racing on Sunday? Will the fact that they are racing the next day impact riding on Saturday? Any closures or anything?
I'm not sure what course they are racing but it shouldn't affect any of the trails on Saturday. The race course isn't closed until the day of the race so everything should be open on Saturday.

I might be up for a day at Downie. I'll let you know next week...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Don't forget about N* next weekend... I've been dreaming about it for WEEKS.
Plus, I'll have a nice new 888 to break in up there. :dancing:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
-BB- said:
Don't forget about N* next weekend... I've been dreaming about it for WEEKS.
Plus, I'll have a nice new 888 to break in up there. :dancing:
I'll be there...what time are you rolling in on Saturday?