Votes: 2 18.2%
  • MCM

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Which one should I keep? If I keep the scalpel I'll upgrade with it with the parts from the giant and part it out. If I keep the giant I will part out the scalpel.

Cannondale Scalpel 25 lbs

Giant MCM 20 lbs

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
keep the one you have most fun with.. if you have equal, id sell the scalpel, as i think that would fetch more money.

Sad you have to see one of them go tho, thats never fun

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Should be simple.. You're feeling pretty good on a Saturday, nothing to do all day, you're gonna go for an XC ride... Which one do you grab?

Sell the other. :D

That Giant is beautiful though.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Scalpel is going to cost you more in maintenance if you keep it, and may perhaps be easier to unload.
I'm not sure but it seems to me that there may be more of a market for a standard soft tail Cannondale than a Carbon Giant Race bike. I'm also assuming the Scalpel would be cheaper too, so more apt to sell.
The Giant looks nicer and is lighter.
Just seems to me either bike is used for races, or smooth trail riding and/or epic XC. Personally i'd be afraid to fart on either bike for fear of it breaking. But if i was going to have a light XC bike like these for the few epics that would be nice to float up the trail, and hahaha dare i even say think about racing hahaha, i would keep that carbon Giant... :p

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Keep the Giant...That things a collectors item, and it probably kicks for racing. You've got a bigger market with the Scalpel, and you'd probably be able to get more out of it.

And Skooks, xc race bikes aren't as weaksauce as you think they are...I've DJed my 21 lb Homegrown before and it was fine :eek: ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
xbluethunderx said:
6'0", 160 lbs., and I fly like a coconut laden African Swallow. :oink:
Hmmm i guess i'd fly like a fat penguin strapped in an old 70's disco rollerskate rigged with a handful of bottle rockets.