Quantcast

One of THOSE bike shop guys

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=526989

Check this out. In my quest to sell my Jeep, I've posted it on a few different Jeep forums. Along the way I've been scrolling through a few of the threads, and spreading my brand of sunshine you all know so well.

One guy asking what bike to buy between a Specialized, Gary fisher or Trek. This guy who has "worked at a shop for 15 years", flatly says Specialized. It's the best. No reasons or anything.

How can a $1000 specialized be head shoulders better than a $1000 Trek or a $1000 GF?

He's a tool.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I passed through the Seattle area on monday on my return trip from Whistler. In Bellevue along I-405 there was a Jeep Cherokee on the side of the road on fire. My first thought upon seeing it was that maybe you had forgone trying to sell it and went for the insurance money instead. :D

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Some idiot from another board said:
the stumpjumper is the way to go i work at a bike shop we carry every high end bike out there from trek fisher and about a half of dozen other ones.
you want a cool hard tail go with the specialized, if you have some coin to drop look into a orbea hard tail i just picked oone up and it climbs like a goat at dices up the singletraks.
by the way i have ridin everything out there and for a production bike
nothing beats a specialized....
i have worked in shops for over 15years and i still love it........

any bike questions send me an im .
I think that what he meant to say was, "I'm 15 years old and have worked in a shop." Then he got canned?
I am in love with FSR so I'll recomend that.
But Orbea? Aren't they primarily a road bike company and made in Spain? Call be cynical, but it seems like every possible geometry setup has been tried on hardtails. I see 29" as being put to market more because it was different, less because it was good/better. I can see spending some extra coin on something that is stiffer/lighter/stronger, but spending extra money just to be different is ~lame, IMHO.

Sorry. This has turned into more of a rant than a recomendation. Or were you looking for ornery responses from floks like me? :D

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Actually Orbea's make a sweet arse hardtail. I have one at he's right it rides like a dream. Cheaper than the Sworks hardtail, but just as smooth.

But yes I think he's just saying that because it's the brand he likes, just like someone like honda over toyota

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
You guys are all wrong. Iron Horse is the best bike company in the world. They are in NY, so they make the frames in NY right? Right. Plus since I have 2 of them, you should believe me. Oh and I also worked in a bike shop for a year in 1986, so there.

Knuckle

J

JRB

I'm just impressed you didn't go all ranty on the poor guy.