Quantcast

Pacific Northwest Trail Pictures Round 12

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp here's yet another round of pics from me. I keep telling myself i'm going to intentionally lose my camera and just ride, but when i drug Serial Midget up for a burly mountain trail ride i just had to get evidence.

After climbing 6 miles and 3000 plus feet on forest road, S.M. riding as if he had just got warmed up. :)

Noble Nob trail affords you awesome views of Mt. Rainier, down in the valley below is the White River where we rode up from and where we were to end the ride as well.

We have reached the top of the mountain, and it is good. (or ridge in this case ;) )

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
S.M. and my pal Jonny tellin tall tales.....

Here's me diggin on the sweet thin air alpine singletrack on Dalles Ridge. :cool:

Ever present Tahoma native name for Mt. Rainier.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Skrog
verb InformalSkrogged, Skrogging, Skroggers
v. intr.
1. When biking in terrain that dicates you dismounting and sometimes carrying your bikey for extended periods of time.

We didn't care that the wind storm blew half the trees on the trail, we skrogged forward, for we are chock full of grit!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ooh :thumb: send me your email address if you still want gmail btw

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp after a half mile of "skrogging" we finally got to enjoy the sweet descent of Dalles Ridge trail followed by Ranger Creek. Super nice we got in about 10 miles of descending singletrack. Everybody crashed it was good.

Ole Serial Midget had plenty of gas left so we decided to head on down to Skookum Flats trail and get some scenic techy XC in to top off the ride.

Yet again good times. :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hot damn - we're sexy. :sneaky:

Were is the picture of the suspension bridge from skookum flats?

Anyhow thanks again for another great ride - for those that don't know yet, Skooks is the trail master supreme. No better way to spend a Sunday in the PNW.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

EDIT: DOH :mumble:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Freekin' amazing stuff! I want to make a trip out there soon. Man that stuff looks tasty! I think next years MonkeyFest should be in PNW?? ....jdcamb

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
man......freakin awsome!

I was busy doing this on sunday.

24 small arrangements, 8 boutaneers(sp?), 2 large arrangements and 2 medium arrangements for the bride and bridesmaid.

I would much rather have been hiking through snow fields.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
pnj said:
I was busy doing this on sunday.
too much information... :eek:

You will be pleased to note that we did encounter several fat roadies slacking it back down the highway. Skooks and I taunted them while riding around in circles.

Except for a few sections (quite a few...) where I was in way over my head - this was on of the best rides you can get in the PNW. Everything was on our side and the climb was just the sort of thing I like.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
you should've stuck your pump in the roadies front wheels like in that movie 'Breakin' Away' or whatever. :D

how long did it take to get up the hill?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
pnj said:
you should've stuck your pump in the roadies front wheels like in that movie 'Breakin' Away' or whatever. :D

how long did it take to get up the hill?
From where we parked to the access road was maybe 15 minutes - the fire road took over 2 hours to climb but was 100% rideable. Some parts were so steep we were nearly overtaken by hikers.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Great pics :thumb: That looks like an incredible ride.

Serial Midget said:
Some parts were so steep we were nearly overtaken by hikers.
Sounds like I would be doing a lot of pushing on this ride... Still, I'd love to do some rides up there.