Quantcast

Poland monkeys, need your input!

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hey, my manager wants me in Katowice, Poland at the end of the month for 4 days. He promises I'll be heading home with an alcoholic coma, but I was wondering if anyone from Poland (@norbar is the most memorable Polish monkey IIRC) could chime in and suggest what else could I do there besides drinking.

Also, if anyone knows where could I buy cheap enduro tires while being there, please throw it here!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hey, my manager wants me in Katowice, Poland at the end of the month for 4 days. He promises I'll be heading home with an alcoholic coma, but I was wondering if anyone from Poland (@norbar is the most memorable Polish monkey IIRC) could chime in and suggest what else could I do there besides drinking.

Also, if anyone knows where could I buy cheap enduro tires while being there, please throw it here!
I have never been there. However Silesian Foods are very hearty and usually slathered with delicious Mushroom gravy. The little meatloafs called Rolada (think Salisbury steak) are delicious, They put onions pickles and bacon in them and sometimes on them. They make these little Pierogis with just Potato. They put the mushroom gravy on them. They are famous also for Egg Noodles and pickles also. I do not like Blood sausage, they do though. Worth a try.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Katowice train station at 3am was one of the scarier places I've ever been.

If you can make it to Krakow or Zakopane, dooooo it!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you can make it to Krakow or Zakopane, dooooo it!
Do NOT however go by train. There are inexpensive and much pleasant-er busses. The train was a zombie movie with several very unpleasant encounters with highly intoxicated people. Wife's relatives were like you took the TRAIN?! Are you IDIOTS?!"