Quantcast

Public Service Announcement : stay aware when driving

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I know this is almost preaching to the choir since we all love two wheels, but I'll say it anyway...

When you're driving in your cage/car/truck... stay aware, look for those two-wheelers.

I almost got toasted by two large construction trucks today only to get hit by a passenger car 10 minutes later. I was making a left turn, he was making a right, we were turning onto a four lane (two each way) road, there was no reason for him to coast over into my lane forcing me to dump my bike or get hit by on-coming traffic.

I do take full responsibility for my pain and financial loss cuz I KNOW people don't pay attention and simply don't care and I should *always* ride expecting a-holes. But I'll still ask y'all to pay attention and care :)

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
amen
thats how i got plowed under. some farkface just turned in front of me w/o signaling.
Mr Head, meet Mr Curb. :angry: :mumble:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ouch. are you still in possession of all of your skin?

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Damm Opie, are you okay?

Did the dill hole get a ticket or anything like that, did they even stop?

It seems people out here in good old Colorado, just don't give a rat's ass to look for the bikes. See the news last night about the guy who got killed.

Hope all is well. How is the bike?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
luken8r said:
amen
thats how i got plowed under. some farkface just turned in front of me w/o signaling.
Mr Head, meet Mr Curb. :angry: :mumble:
:( I'm guessing you were wearing a helmet... cuz you seem *twitch* okay.

Toshi said:
ouch. are you still in possession of all of your skin?
Just lost some on my knee, but my helmet's ruined, my leather jacket is scuffed up, my jeans are ruined, my boots are good. Sh:t can happen at any moment and while I respect people's rights to ride without a helmet, I just don't understand.

5cents said:
Damm Opie, are you okay?

Did the dill hole get a ticket or anything like that, did they even stop?

It seems people out here in good old Colorado, just don't give a rat's ass to look for the bikes. See the news last night about the guy who got killed.

Hope all is well. How is the bike?
Got another concussion, he didn't stop... I almost think he was so unaware that he had no idea that it happened. I didn't see the news last night, probably would've been more cautious today if I had, but the news depresses and bores me. Tore the gear-shift pedal in half, so it's fun trying to shift with a little metal arm.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wait wait you were turning left? On a green? Green arrow? Stoplight? What?

Even if it has two lanes, if you were turning left and he was going right on a green it was your fault. However, if it was on an arrow it was his fault and you should've gotten the license plate down...