Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Given that vampires are essentially parasites, that's a spot-on name for a brand seeking such patent absurdity.

Vampire Bikes - Chris Canfield's new brand. However, the suspension layout is a normal horst link, but it has multiple main pivot locations you can use. It sounds akin to trying to patent leverage rate flip chips.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Eh? Some DH frames back in 2001 had 2 separate main pivot locations. swapped in exactly that way

eg.
Coyote DH3/Muddyfox Descent (same frame)
Dammit Gary…ruining the patents for bike companies that think they are doing something new…like putting the seatpost in front of the bottom bracket.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yup, we have come so close to make Idiocracy real we have people trying to PATENT FUCKING HOLES!!! :panic:
Already patented

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
just use one chain and a derailleur hanger mounted tensioner. Far less complicated and just works.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

new motion instrument data aquisition system for 499

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

Cool idea but the rear sensor mount requirements could be problematic. No problem if it works for the bike you have now and you don't plan on changing frames for a long time, but if you have multiple bikes or tend to swap frames fairly often you're painting yourself into a corner.

That said, it's still tempting

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020

Now I know what I want to ask for Father's Day. I've used the first version of the system and found it helpful, but it didn't play nice with Santa Cruz frames. System 2 works fine.