Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This really needs to happen across the board. The FAA attempts to use weighted averages from CDC, but you go load up a plane in Oklahoma and...these ain't average people, not to mention the rates of obesity increasing and the CDC numbers trying to catch up.

My idea though is that there should be some way to have sensors in the struts, if you know the air pressure and compression distance, you should be able to calculate weight and CG. Why this wasn't done from the get-go, IDK. It would make things way simpler. Well, you'd probably still have to weigh people, but this would simplify the pilot and dispatcher part of it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
SQUEEB!!

Boy, did I call that one.

It's kind of/sort of irrelevant how old the aircraft is. Guaranteed at that age the engine has been swapped out several times, and the fan blades have probably been swapped out of the engine too. If this is in fact a case of fan blade failure and not the inner stage turbine seal like we first speculated, the question will then become how many hours/cycles were on the engine and/or the blades and was United meeting inspection requirements on the blades, especially given the history of component failure.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Wanna help cripples fly?

1694580129076.png

Act Now – Urge Your Members of Congress to Pass a Final FAA Reauthorization Bill That Includes Meaningful Disability-Related Provisions

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
did the airbus 319 shrink....

without the person infront of me recling their seat it felt like the back of their seat was about 10 inches to a foot from my face....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did the airbus 319 shrink....

without the person infront of me recling their seat it felt like the back of their seat was about 10 inches to a foot from my face....
Has nothing to do with the airplane. Airlines decide how close to mount the seats.

1695334403302.png

Sounds like you were flying Spirit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Awkward

I thought some meathead next to me was going to break one this past week.

Airlines need to control the size of roll-on cases people try to cram into the overhead.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Awkward

. We don’t know if the passenger forced the bin improperly, or the latch was on the verge of breaking to begin with. But everyone was sitting on board looking at the person who’d done
Oh, I know. Because this is DEFINITELY why:
I thought some meathead next to me was going to break one this past week.

Airlines need to control the size of roll-on cases people try to cram into the overhead.
I pull these doors off at least once a week because some assclown has done exactly this despite being explicitly told that their bag is probably too big to fit in the overhead. Time and time again. :rolleyes:

If this guy had been lynched, he'd have had it coming.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I pull these doors off at least once a week because some assclown has done exactly this despite being explicitly told that their bag is probably too big to fit in the overhead. Time and time again. :rolleyes:
Plastic flexes. Give it an extra shove.