Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
meanwhile over at Denver's Centennial Airport
385008581_1047689202948841_5701009133787087007_n.jpg

The NTSB says an onboard ‘black box’ recorded a Cirrus SR22 flying nearly 50 knots faster than recommended on the base leg at Denver Centennial airport. The Cirrus overshot the turn to final and collided with a Metroliner cargo plane on a parallel runway. All occupants of both damaged aircraft survived.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
United Boeing 737-9 MAX rejected takeoff

A United Boeing 737-9 MAX, registration N37560 performing flight UA-329 from Denver,CO to Boston,MA (USA), was accelerating for takeoff from Denver’s runway 16R when the crew rejected takeoff at high speed, in response to the radio transmission tower reported he could see fire from the left hand engine (LEAP). The crew affirmed and stopped the aircraft, subsequently reporting it appeared they had flat tyres on the right hand side and were disabled. The runway was closed, emergency services responded, tower cleared the crew to evacuate if needed stating “the runway is yours!” While emergency services were responding but had not yet reached the runway tower informed emergency services that they no longer observed any fire, it appears extinguished.
The FAA reported: “AIRCRAFT ON DEPARTURE ROLL, ABORTED TAKEOFF DUE TO SMOKE AND FIRE UNDER RIGHT WING AND ARFF EXTINGUISHED FIRE, DENVER, CO.” providing the aircraft tail number of the replacement aircraft registration N37541.
Pictorial evidence shows fire damage to the right hand side of the aircraft, all four main tyres blown, the right hand main wheel rims abraded.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have to complain

the flight attendant came by about 2h before arrival, and asked me which of the breakfast options I wanted (the french toast)

I never got said breakfast

:-/

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I have to complain

the flight attendant came by about 2h before arrival, and asked me which of the breakfast options I wanted (the french toast)

I never got said breakfast

:-/
you should’ve asked for freedom toast, particularly if you were flying American Airlines.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bonus points for the Power Trip shirt

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Per the article, 83 counts of attempted murder, but only 70 passengers on board. Are there 13 crew members on a flight of that size? Or is my math and / or reading comprehension that bad?
Hadn't caught that, but you're correct. I'm guessing article is written incorrectly. E175 holds 76 passengers if it's full, plus 4 crew. Couple of lap infants, maybe? It's also possible Horizon has different seating arrangements than I'm used too, but either way, funny numbers are funny.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Per the article, 83 counts of attempted murder, but only 70 passengers on board. Are there 13 crew members on a flight of that size? Or is my math and / or reading comprehension that bad?
Do meat missiles, I mean babies held under the age of 2, count?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hadn't caught that, but you're correct. I'm guessing article is written incorrectly. E175 holds 76 passengers if it's full, plus 4 crew. Couple of lap infants, maybe? It's also possible Horizon has different seating arrangements than I'm used too, but either way, funny numbers are funny.
Correct industry term is "meat missiles".

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Do meat missiles, I mean babies held under the age of 2, count?
Kill count is a kill count.

There were 80 passengers and four crew members on the flight, according to Alaska.
84 souls on board, minus captain crazy pants = 83 counts of attempted murder.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I almost feel a little bad for the guy. Depression is a hell of a thing but it's hardly an excuse for you know, all the attempted murder.

I have been on enough flights where almost all of the other passengers have been loudly coughing, kicking seatbacks, Attempting to stuff multiple oversized bags into the overheads, farting, eating fish, trimming toenails etc. At this point I don't think we can really discount the fact that they all could have deserved it.

I mean the whole plane could have been filled with Nickleback fans returning from a concert.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have been on enough flights where almost all of the other passengers have been loudly coughing, kicking seatbacks, Attempting to stuff multiple oversized bags into the overheads, farting, eating fish, trimming toenails etc. At this point I don't think we can really discount the fact that they all could have deserved it.

I mean the whole plane could have been filled with Nickleback fans returning from a concert.
do not fly spirit air?