Quantcast

Slowly but surely!

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Man I am back on the bike and I feel like I am actually going for a ride again! About 2 and a half months ago was my knee surgery about a 3 weeks ago I started riding the road bike again and up until the last week it has seemed like just a test in physical therapy.
Now I go out and I feel like I went for a fun ride, I need to start stepping it up a bit more cause my knee is about ready to keep up!
I went for a hike the other day, lots of vertical, the descent almost killed me and when I got to the car I was about to start crawling, but it sure did feel good to get the muscles burning again!

I guess this is a sort of pointless post but I am just excited to be back and able to ride for fun again!! :)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Thanks guys! In a few weeks I get to use clipless pedals again, it is a bit strange to pedal a road bike with easton Flatboys on it!
When I get on the new pedals I will surely push the miles up immediatly.

Thanks for the support!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
outstanding Josh. But dude, you really should be using trekking poles when hiking.

I should join you on a road ride before you get healthy :)

roiyial

Chimp
Jun 30, 2004
it sure does...i had my derailleur broken for a few weeks...and now its broken again...so i gotta sit and wait a few more weeks..lol

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
LordOpie said:
outstanding Josh. But dude, you really should be using trekking poles when hiking.

I should join you on a road ride before you get healthy :)
Why should I use trekking poles? I never have before, would they be more for balance?

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Good to hear Josh. Just be careful. You're at a very vulnerable stage right now.
(one year anniversary last Saturday for me). :monkey:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Motionboy2 said:
Why should I use trekking poles? I never have before, would they be more for balance?
Balance, yeah, but more for support and mostly for that rare slip or slide of just a few unexpected inches that could pop your knee :(

I only use 'em going downhill.

You have to develop a rythm and always have 'em properly planted on each and every step, otherwise, it'll be that one time it's not planted that you slide and ugh! I'm making it sound harder than it is.

But really, why ya walking anywhere? ;) :D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
That rocks! Keep up the good work and go to physical therapy. Pretty soon you'll be all happy and :dancing:. :thumb:

10 months since my surgery...going strong.

The Ito

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
spincrazy said:
Good to hear Josh. Just be careful. You're at a very vulnerable stage right now.
(one year anniversary last Saturday for me). :monkey:
I am pretty conservative with it still, no clipless pedals, and carful foot placement when hiking. Everything is a new experience now!

I am continuing with Physical therapy now and go to the therapist 1 time a month now. I can't wait till it is all done... but I am making the best of it now.