Quantcast

Snowblower 2024….someone had to do it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
Is it? I couldn’t quit tell. Lite brown isn’t too bad either nationally speaking.

IMG_0591.png

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is it? I couldn’t quit tell. Lite brown isn’t too bad either nationally speaking.
Yeah it's infrastructure free teton national park and part of yellowstone.

If you look at that fall river coverage map though it pretty much looks like their exact outline....so it's probably the corner of wy that has its main feed to the grid coming from idaho.

Rideit could probably say if there are bigass transmission lines coming over towgwotee pass or from the south from alpine. I don't really remember any but that doesn't mean they're not there.

I was just looking for a way to talk shit about rideit's snowblower. Fortunately those avenues are multiple so we can let the cleanliness of his charging go.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Power lines actually come right up over Teton Pass, up over Phillips Canyon, and then down to the valley. Both houses are Fall River, Victor and JH.
Double bonus: A lot of access points for building some of our classic trail networks are because of the Powerline cuts (like almost everywhere). They also provide some fun zones for BC skiing, Snowmobiling, Dirt Biking, Hunting, And such.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Power lines actually come right up over Teton Pass, up over Phillips Canyon, and then down to the valley. Both houses are Fall River, Victor and JH.
Double bonus: A lot of access points for building some of our classic trail networks are because of the Powerline cuts (like almost everywhere). They also provide some fun zones for BC skiing, Snowmobiling, Dirt Biking, Hunting, And such.
Yeah I know about the ones over the pass, I've seen those. Looks like jackson is east idaho in terms of grid connectivity.

Can't sully yourselves with any of that dirty rawlins power, that's for the poors.

who have to pay more for it :rofl:

Last edited:

Pneuma

Chimp
Nov 5, 2021
I was just looking for a way to talk shit about rideit's snowblower.
Oh, I know! Fortunately we can make fun of the wastefulness of making the battery’s, and then again when they inevitably shit the bed and need replacement vs burning 10 gallons of gas in a heavy show year.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh, I know! Fortunately we can make fun of the wastefulness of making the battery’s, and then again when they inevitably shit the bed and need replacement vs burning 10 gallons of gas in a heavy show year.
well.......mine will still be working in 20 years

he'll probably be on his third by then

although with the low snow environment he lives in, he might be able to stretch the second one

this thing was 30 years old when I sold it last year. My neighbor still uses it.

92820211227_091317.jpg

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Holy shit, I can’t even begin to describe the ‘snow’ (basically water with some texture) and this thing still kicks ass. I would be more than happy to tell you if I didn’t like it for any reason (I am not emotionally invested), but to say I’m impressed would be quite the understatement.
I wouldn’t have even tried today with the gasser.
However, the first (mostly retired) battery that came with the mower in (2018 or so only holds half a charge, but I think that’s acceptable. It still works fine for mowing, weed whacking, leaf blowing, etc, but the snowblower is another level of power usage.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Holy shit, I can’t even begin to describe the ‘snow’ (basically water with some texture) and this thing still kicks ass. I would be more than happy to tell you if I didn’t like it for any reason (I am not emotionally invested), but to say I’m impressed would be quite the understatement.
You are so cute.

egoteenyweeny3.jpg

lookin cray cray out there

jacksonrain.JPG

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Can it be fitted to a Roomba?
Asking for a friend.
meanwhile, a local university engineering department has developed a robot that clear the snow on our canal so it can freeze when it gets cold... (last year there was too much snow before the ice froze thick enough to run heavy machinery on it. the snow insulated the ice, preventing it from freezing fully).
1701725169260.png

(though I have no idea how that thing is supposed to throw snow, it doesn't have a blower?!)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just did a YT search to see if I could find one in action, only to discover it's already a thing!
will wonders never cease.

(though an Thomas-faced, flame-throwing arachnid would be so. much. better....)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if it never snows more than three inches and you're disabled I guess?

hopefully the college kids build one that works better.......or that canal ain't getting cleared

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah I know about the ones over the pass, I've seen those. Looks like jackson is east idaho in terms of grid connectivity.

Can't sully yourselves with any of that dirty rawlins power, that's for the poors.

who have to pay more for it :rofl:

I have to laugh at WA low electricity prices. Rates are low but 95% of my bill is in fees. Using electricity is cheap, getting it is expensive.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have to laugh at WA low electricity prices. Rates are low but 95% of my bill is in fees. Using electricity is cheap, getting it is expensive.
a mountainbiking gentleman simply cannot ignore the powerline easements and towers a babel of the northern cascades where many trails happen to cross

I have no fucking clue whatever someone said to convince local gov't that this sort of thing was needed but god damn they obviously succeeded. I've been in similar topography, similar climate, similar reservoir/hydro placement.......nothing touches that infrastructure up there.

Unlike here where daily helicopter rides continue to pass over neglect, maybe there's regular maintenance of that?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a mountainbiking gentleman simply cannot ignore the powerline easements and towers a babel of the northern cascades where many trails happen to cross

I have no fucking clue whatever someone said to convince local gov't that this sort of thing was needed but god damn they obviously succeeded. I've been in similar topography, similar climate, similar reservoir/hydro placement.......nothing touches that infrastructure up there.

Unlike here where daily helicopter rides continue to pass over neglect, maybe there's regular maintenance of that?

Scratching my head a little at what you mean but the power grid here was designed to make nuclear weapons and supply the means to deploy them. So perhaps a little more effort was put into it than normal.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Do you think they had snowblowers on the Knox Expedition? Dragged those guns from Lake Champlain to Boston in the winter.