Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Uh... SS is not a convertible. It's an epic 400hp, 4dr sleeper.
Someone had one at a show we raced at a few weeks ago. It had a blower.

I asked them: is that the 6 speed automatic?

them: naw, it’s the automatic.

me: nevermind.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Round boy is round.

I prefer the Saturn Sky version, I always thought that they weren't too bad looking. This one has been dressed up a bit, but still.
Supposedly a chopped corvette chassis, don't know about the solstice, but it's real bad in the autoX races I've been to. It looks like a miata...but it doesn't go like one.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Supposedly a chopped corvette chassis, don't know about the solstice, but it's real bad in the autoX races I've been to. It looks like a miata...but it doesn't go like one.
Bad meaning bad or bad meaning good?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We had some good performing ones in NWR-SCCA back in the day. Blame the driver. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I always wondered if those Saturn/Pontiac's would hold a decent value after the brands were killed off, turning into some sort of modern "classic" for middle aged white men like @jonKranked to have their midlife crisis with.

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I always wondered if those Saturn/Pontiac's would hold a decent value after the brands were killed off, turning into some sort of modern "classic" for middle aged white men like @jonKranked to have their midlife crisis with.

:D
The Sky and Solstice were hamstrung from the start, even before bankruptcy, because of their stupid, useless trunk.

2007_pontiac_solstice_trunk.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The Sky and Solstice were hamstrung from the start, even before bankruptcy, because of their stupid, useless trunk.

View attachment 177835
But it's not like "old" 2 seater sports cars like MG's, Triumph's and other unreliable junk are perfect either. When all you want is something to go for a drive on a Sunday afternoon reliability would "probably" place them above the old junk.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
But it's not like "old" 2 seater sports cars like MG's, Triumph's and other unreliable junk are perfect either. When all you want is something to go for a drive on a Sunday afternoon reliability would "probably" place them above the old junk.
yeah, in a world where the Miata didn't exist and wasn't hampered by such idiocy

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Round boy is round.

I prefer the Saturn Sky version, I always thought that they weren't too bad looking. This one has been dressed up a bit, but still.
The Red Line Sky wasn't bad with the manual. I test drove one and thought it would be fun. Never cared for the Solstice.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Then there was the Chrysler cross-fire...built on the SLK chassis. That one is also the suck during my AutoX.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Then there was the Chrysler cross-fire...built on the SLK chassis. That one is also the suck during my AutoX.
There was one dude who would bring his Crossfire SRT6 out. I don't think it classed well. :D