Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
When using traffic-aware cruise control, I can no longer set the speed more than 5 mph over the map speed limit. This was especially useful in rural Northern Wisconsin when the map speed limit was too low — say, 35 mph when it should be 55 mph. I now need to keep pressure on the accelerator to go at the correct speed.

I can't make the car drive illegally automatically!
OH THE HORROR!!!!!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
“…she got two forced disengagements and our FSD Beta access has been revoked. My wife had three small children distracting her and she was wearing a splint on her broken wrist.”

Good job she wasn’t in a normal car, eh?
Im reality she probably got them on purpose so he would shut the fuck about his stupid car shit and pay attention to his three kids.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I too find every aspect of this revolting but in the case of these dipshits I am guessing they will be similarly distracted while manually driving their cars.
I had a friend that was killed by a mother distracted by her kids in the car. Mother failed to yield, ran into my friend who was on her motorcycle and fataly injured her. Mother got a mild sentence because she was distracted by her kids. :rant:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
“…she got two forced disengagements and our FSD Beta access has been revoked. My wife had three small children distracting her and she was wearing a splint on her broken wrist.”

Good job she wasn’t in a normal car, eh?
Im reality she probably got them on purpose so he would shut the fuck about his stupid car shit and pay attention to his three kids.
A guy I know has a new D-Max with the lane departure auto steer whatever and his picked up the wrong line and put him on to the wrong side of the road, he hates the car.
I'd like to be a passenger in a Tesla in auto drive mode, it's some pretty impressive engineering.

Wonder if Darwin will be going to the race?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
My truck payment is $192, the Corvette was $225 (both used of course), I can't imagine a car payment more than my $992 house payment.

Seems mad to me. People keep lining up though. The US has almost 300million cars on the road?! How many is enough?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
is that for an exhibition?
Seb bought it and had a V10 built to run sustainable fuel and did a few laps to show off for his birthday and the 30th anniversary of Mansell winning the British GP and drivers championship.

What's odd is it isn't the fuel F1 is working on for '26, this is from an independent company.

<edit> Mansell mentioned that Seb bought it with an engine and transmission for a million less than what he had sold it for without. So a hell of an investment from Seb, nice work.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude a couple of doors down from me had on of those when I was a kid. Futuristic at the time.
I saw my first one at my grandpas place as a kid. The parking lot at his place was packed with $$$ cars, but that blue M1 was a shocker. Also the same place I saw my first M3 and M5 back in the day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I squeezed 661km out of the last tank of gas in my Toyota Matrix.

I need to find the receipt but I believe that was about 40 liters of fuel.

Is that about 38mpg?

I'm happy if I can get over 600km on a tank in this thing. I really want to see if I can somehow get to 700km on a tank, but I don't think its possible.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
good grief is this thing ever ugly
1658501862961.png

Do people actually like the look of these massive "grills" and tiny rear windows , or are they trying to drive people away from buying EVs by making them ugly as sin... "see, no one wants your stupid EVs, we can't sell them, so we have to make ICE vehicles instead"...