Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Even $55k MSRP is too much for that thing.
It seems like a legit sports car with the manual. $55k is pushing it, I think mine spec'd out to like $48k.

I only spent time in a NISMO 350Z my buddy had and it was really fun. The new Z is based off the same chassis, so my guess is it's a proper Z car with the twin turbo mill.

I had a '72, a '78 and an '83, so I have a soft spot for the Z, too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It seems like a legit sports car with the manual. $55k is pushing it, I think mine spec'd out to like $48k.

I only spent time in a NISMO 350Z my buddy had and it was really fun. The new Z is based off the same chassis, so my guess is it's a proper Z car with the twin turbo mill.

I had a '72, a '78 and an '83, so I have a soft spot for the Z, too.
It doesn't have an LSD unless you spring for the much more expensive version. It didn't hold up well in a recent 4-way test and mostly due to Nissan not developing a new chassis to make it competitive.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It doesn't have an LSD unless you spring for the much more expensive version. It didn't hold up well in a recent 4-way test and mostly due to Nissan not developing a new chassis to make it competitive.
The 350 wasn't a bad chassis, but it is very dated for sure with only minor updates.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is fucking hilarious. Those cars were such flaming piles of crap. Worth noting that GM used the same platforms on the Camaros/Firebirds from 1967 to 2002. Same car, just got heavier, uglier and less reliable as the years progressed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is fucking hilarious. Those cars were such flaming piles of crap. Worth noting that GM used the same platforms on the Camaros/Firebirds from 1967 to 2002. Same car, just got heavier, uglier and less reliable as the years progressed.

• 5.0-Liter V8
  • Four-Speed Automatic Transmission
Both were total garbage. I can't believe someone is paying that much for one. "It was the car I had senior year of high school. You know, my peak " :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
  • 5.0-Liter V8
Both were total garbage. I can't believe someone is paying that much for one. "It was the car I had senior year of high school. You know, my peak " :rofl:
We even used to make fun of them when I was a kid and I kind of thought muscle cars were cool. IROC did not stand for International Race Of Champions where I grew up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
  • 5.0-Liter V8
Yeah, this was the dark ages of US auto manufacturing.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, this was the dark ages of US auto manufacturing.
Senior year of high school ('89) I had a '72 Grand Prix and my buddy had a '79 Trans Am. His car had like 12k miles on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it had less than 30k today. :rofl:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thibk it’s probably been said, but the dealer markup is comical. Guess some people are paying that?! Last hurrah for dealerships?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a 4spd GM tranny in a Volvo T6. Fuck that shit. Talk about a fantastic engine mated to a fucking nightmare.
I setup the line that machined the case for that transmission. That plant was hell on earth. It would get over 110 degrees inside during the summer because the air was too dirty and the EPA wouldn't let them vent it outside. When you walked into an air conditioned area a cloud of cutting fluid mist would condense and rain inside.

I can't imagine even the most dedicated employees doing a quality job under those conditions.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Senior year of high school ('89) I had a '72 Grand Prix and my buddy had a '79 Trans Am. His car had like 12k miles on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it had less than 30k today. :rofl:
i was either driving a 1972 datsun 510 station wagon with wood grain sides and a wooden rear bumper or my grandmothers 1980 vw rabbit w 27,000 miles on it...