Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20211102-023620_Instagram.jpg

i rember seeing one of these autocross at one of two vw waterfest shows i went to....

black with yellow lexan windows...

it was not slow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A Renault with a turbo seems... inadvisable. :D
They weren't massively reliable, but Renault 5 GT Turbo's were fun, until you stuck it in a hedge. I could happily give a Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI a blast now if the opportunity arose, Top Gear just had a 1991, 40 grand restomod in a vid but didn't give it much coverage.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
They weren't massively reliable, but Renault 5 GT Turbo's were fun, until you stuck it in a hedge. I could happily give a Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI a blast now if the opportunity arose, Top Gear just had a 1991, 40 grand restomod in a vid but didn't give it much coverage.

well now you've said peugeot and triggered memories of my wife's old 405 mi16 that was a manual and incredibly fun to drive but also enjoyed breaking down and stranding us in (in the pre-cell phone era) . . . a blizzard in rural west virginia; a cornfield in central illinois; and in the middle of cabrini green, in chicago, in the mid-1990s. DAMMIT PEUGEOT.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
well now you've said peugeot and triggered memories of my wife's old 405 mi16 that was a manual and incredibly fun to drive but also enjoyed breaking down and stranding us in (in the pre-cell phone era) . . . a blizzard in rural west virginia; a cornfield in central illinois; and in the middle of cabrini green, in chicago, in the mid-1990s. DAMMIT PEUGEOT.
Company cars were mostly 504s growing up. Would borrow a 504 wagon sometimes for when we went to the beach. Loved riding in these as a kid. And the 505 was our all-time fav. (80s models)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Company cars were mostly 504s growing up. Would borrow a 504 wagon sometimes for when we went to the beach. Loved riding in these as a kid. And the 505 was our all-time fav. (80s models)
one of my dads company cars in virginia in the 80's.....olds sedan...diesel.......yeah.....diesel....

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
My mom had an all brown Delta 88.

What a pile of shit. I still remember the day I puked in the back of it before being dropped off at daycare.

Only thing more crappy was the Ford Contour (I think...) which replaced it.
My mom had an Olds 98 diesel. Also a giant piece of shit. Many memories of riding in a tow truck because of that turd.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
That article said:
Ford said it has more than 160,000 orders for its F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck and that an electric version of its Transit commercial van is "completely sold out."
An electric Transit or similar would be the ultimate bike vehicle.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
An electric Transit or similar would be the ultimate bike vehicle.
Ford has a low range cargo van e-Transit. Some upfitters do their own EV conversions for the other variants. Up to 120 kWh from this outfit:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ford has a low range cargo van e-Transit. Some upfitters do their own EV conversions for the other variants. Up to 120 kWh from this outfit:

Yeah I mean it is the perfect skateboard vehicle. Could have a ridiculous battery with slightly more floor height and/or lower clearance.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Roll up, roll up. Place your bets!
EV maker Rivian boosts IPO price range, aims for $65 bln valuation
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/ev-startup-rivian-targets-6311-billion-valuation-ipo-2021-11-05/
investor crack does not equal vehicle merit

see "monkey jizz"

oh hell yeah, I hadn't seen this

I'm puttin that bitch in a snowmobile just to get a pic of me flipping off changleen!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I suspect the batteries to make it go far enough would be too heavy atm I’m afraid. YMM — quite literally — V.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Target weight 250kg? Biggest ones are like 300?
Motor is 206kw, 93kg. That is high end for a Snowmobile.
Tesla modules are 30kw max each, so you want 6 or seven minimum ideally. 27kg each and you’re at 190kg in battery.
You’re gonna want a expensive frame to keep the weight down but maybe a beasty one would be slightly viable.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
170hp, 130 ftlbs terk, 440lbs dry weight, mile range is kind of irrelevant because the track spins very independent of distance traveled and serves to provide floatation as much as drive. But a 10 gallon gas tank easily covers 8hrs of spinning at about 50mph. HP over torque is king which has some inherent incompatibilities with electric obviously.

It doesn't exist. Many have tried, all have failed

fairly endless cooling capacity if done right however

Last edited: