Quantcast

The "official" complaint thread.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
People who don't take and use tips and tricks... like man if you're making a tiny change to the visuals in a Power Bi report, don't download a copy and fark up the data source path, then upload it and report that its not working...over and over again.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I'm actually semi-contemplating getting an alpine touring setup for such Saturdays as last. I think I'd honestly rather skin up the mountain and do one or two runs rather than wait in lines.

(Got to be up on most every Saturday because the kids are in Devo, which admittedly is of our own choice. But otherwise they wouldn't get in consistent time.)
Your kids are in Devo? I knew you were musical, but dang, it spread to the kids! Well done! Which ones are yours?

1676135536511.png

jumpr

Chimp
Apr 1, 2011
training for the best part of a year to ride the length of NZ, and a bloody cyclone is slamming the Country right when I am due to start :(

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
just because we’re parked at the same trailhead and happen to ride mountain bikes doesn’t mean you can just come over and start fuckin talking to me

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
just because we’re parked at the same trailhead and happen to ride mountain bikes doesn’t mean you can just come over and start fuckin talking to me

My superpower is giving off a vibe where no stranger ever wants to talk to me. Try keeping rolls of plastic, duck tape and Bottles of bleach in your car/truck. Display them conspicuously.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
training for the best part of a year to ride the length of NZ, and a bloody cyclone is slamming the Country right when I am due to start :(
one of my best mates also departed a few days ago to start that, her bike made it to Kaitaia, she made it to Roto (planned a couple of days there on the way) and is now stuck in Rotorua waiting it out as no flights due to the cyclone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
one of my best mates also departed a few days ago to start that, her bike made it to Kaitaia, she made it to Roto (planned a couple of days there on the way) and is now stuck in Rotorua waiting it out as no flights due to the cyclone.
If it's nice and windy at least that will keep the sulphur smell away while she's stuck.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was supposed to train a few folks on a project I developed and it turned into remedial how to use a computer 101. I need to schedule another session that I am sure will devolve into advanced concepts like how to save a file and copy paste.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yesterday my boss sent someone my way who had some very good and passionate ideas. The problem was his ideas were about how we operate the business, nothing I have any control over. I love it when an organization expects leadership to come from the bottom but retains all the power at the top.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So sent the van in for a short list of issues and maintenance. One of the item listed was to remove rear hitch and put in back of the van. Had a buyer lined up. So they put the hitch in the metal pile for the recycling guy. Hitch is still MIA as of today. :disgust1:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Why do men in a Tux or 3 piece Suit,eat at the table with the jacket on? How many times has Avy seen this? I mean high end food,or a party,but good viddles. Do yall eat with you’re jacket on?

Avy

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wines from the Loire Valley have been unavailable for some time. Like they stopped growing grapes? The infrastructure is pretty ingrained at this point.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Wines from the Loire Valley have been unavailable for some time. Like they stopped growing grapes? The infrastructure is pretty ingrained at this point.
Partner works for the SAQ. Says that a lot of popular products and vineyards are bought by rich Chinese. More than 200 in France alone in the past 10 years.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife accidentally dropped her Fitbit Charge 5 at the grocery store a few weeks ago. I bought her a new one as a gift and it arrived yesterday.

Today my same model died, stuck in a reboot loop.

(Thankfully it still has 4 days of warranty left for me to argue for a new one from Fitbit. Time to see how terrible their support is.)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife accidentally dropped her Fitbit Charge 5 at the grocery store a few weeks ago. I bought her a new one as a gift and it arrived yesterday.

Today my same model died, stuck in a reboot loop.

(Thankfully it still has 4 days of warranty left for me to argue for a new one from Fitbit. Time to see how terrible their support is.)
It's good. once you tell them you have tired both hard and soft reboots and Its stuck they just tell you to toss it in the trash and they send you a new one within 2 days. Ask me how I know. I switched to the Sense 2 after 2 charges died that way

FYI the interface of the Sense 2 is more of a pain but the GPS is better than the Charge, see if you can get an upgrade for free

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's good. once you tell them you have tired both hard and soft reboots and Its stuck they just tell you to toss it in the trash and they send you a new one within 2 days. Ask me how I know. I switched to the Sense 2 after 2 charges died that way

FYI the interface of the Sense 2 is more of a pain but the GPS is better than the Charge, see if you can get an upgrade for free
I don't use any of the smart watch stuff on the Charge 5, so I don't want anything as big as the Sense 2. My main use for it is tracking my HRV and RHR.

If the Garmin equivalent was better I'd go that route.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had popsicles in the Yeti. I was going to offer you one. Grape or Mango. Your choice.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fitbit hold muzak...

edit: new replacement ordered, so despite the hold music, not too painful.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I actually think I have an aLeroy or something. It tastes foul to me, and generally makes me feel ill. :confused:
Actually, upon reading, I do like some of those, I love Feta and Haloumi, for example.

’Pantysgawn,’, however, sounds…suspect.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Heading back from riding yesterday I had to do two miles on I-70 and on that stretch a stone flicked up from a vehicle in front. New windscreen time :panic: