stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the first google server was made from lego

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
oh shit what have I done? I love eating Habanero Peppers, and having Ghost Pepper salsa. I grew both peppers this year, they hybridized. I have Frankenpeppers. I took small nibble of one of my fresh picked Habaneros peppers. Napalm just got lit off in my mouth. The heat was so intense I spit it out, that never happens with Habaneros. Thankfully I didn't swallow or my throat would have been burned. Mouth and tongue on fire, nose running eyes watering. It took 5-6 spoonful's of ice cream to dampen the burn.
I have over 200 peppers on 6 plants
Time to brew up a batch of hot sauce.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

This video brought me great relief. 2 months ago I cleared a bunch of brush and de-limbed a tree with a machete. I was swinging that tool for over an hour. The next day I did a couple mtb rides. Wrist has been fubared ever since. Mild sprain symptoms and pain throughout the base of my wrist that has persisted for months. I finally came to the idea that a carpal bone may be out of alignment.

BOOM! Watched this video and did all the steps. I felt movement in my hand and felt relief instantly. Hand actually feels better everyday now. Still tender but not the same as before.

Miracles I tell you, miracles!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hope they do ban this stuff-

As the silica comes from the natural rock in engineered stone I don't see how it would be any different that actual natural stone. Other than perhaps a larger workforce and a poor understanding of statistics.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
As the silica comes from the natural rock in engineered stone I don't see how it would be any different that actual natural stone. Other than perhaps a larger workforce and a poor understanding of statistics.
From an NPR interview (https://www.npr.org/2023/07/24/1189831430/stone-countertop-workers-are-getting-sick-and-dying-due-to-exposure-to-silica-du):

"But compared to granite or marble, quartz contains a lot more of the mineral silica."

And

"Now, work sites can control silica dust with ventilation, sprays of water and proper masks. But California's workplace safety agency says it looks like most countertop fabrication shops in its state are not complying with federal silica rules."

So it's not an issue with the material, but rather companies not taking precautions to safeguard their workers from a known risk with known mitigations. Got it.

Color me surprised. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
From an NPR interview (https://www.npr.org/2023/07/24/1189831430/stone-countertop-workers-are-getting-sick-and-dying-due-to-exposure-to-silica-du):

"But compared to granite or marble, quartz contains a lot more of the mineral silica."

And

"Now, work sites can control silica dust with ventilation, sprays of water and proper masks. But California's workplace safety agency says it looks like most countertop fabrication shops in its state are not complying with federal silica rules."

So it's not an issue with the material, but rather companies not taking precautions to safeguard their workers from a known risk with known mitigations. Got it.

Color me surprised. :rolleyes:
I saw a Tik Tok video that said masks don't work

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I saw a Tik Tok video that said masks don't work
I drove by a house recently where a team of 3 dark skinned guys was building a granite wall. I only mention that they are dark skinned because they were all covered with enough stone dust to look whiter than a founding father's wig, with nary a mask in sight.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I just realised that I didn't buy track saw clamps when I went to the hardware store, it's annoying as that's what I went to get.
A staffer saw me with spray lube and told me how many lubes he had at home then told me I had to try CRC something something.

I was confused, slightly scared and completely forgot about buying clamps, crap!

Enlil has abandoned Nippur, and Ninlil has abandoned the Kiur;
Ninmah has abandoned Kes;
Ninsinna has abandoned the Egalmah;
Inanna has abandoned uruk;
Nanna has abandoned Ur and the Ekissirgal, and Ningal has abandoned heer Enunkug;
Enki has abandoned Eridu, and Nin... has abandoned Larak;
Sara has abandoned the Ehah, and Usaharra has abandoned Umma;
Bau has abandoned Urukug and the Bagara(?), and Abbau has abandoned the Maguenna;
The Iamassu has abandoned the E-sil-sirsir;
Mother Gatumdug has abandoned Legas;
Ningula has abandoned Sirara;
Dumuziabzu has abandoned Kinirsag;
Ninmar has abandoned the Guabba.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Enlil has abandoned Nippur, and Ninlil has abandoned the Kiur;
Ninmah has abandoned Kes;
Ninsinna has abandoned the Egalmah;
Inanna has abandoned uruk;
Nanna has abandoned Ur and the Ekissirgal, and Ningal has abandoned heer Enunkug;
Enki has abandoned Eridu, and Nin... has abandoned Larak;
Sara has abandoned the Ehah, and Usaharra has abandoned Umma;
Bau has abandoned Urukug and the Bagara(?), and Abbau has abandoned the Maguenna;
The Iamassu has abandoned the E-sil-sirsir;
Mother Gatumdug has abandoned Legas;
Ningula has abandoned Sirara;
Dumuziabzu has abandoned Kinirsag;
Ninmar has abandoned the Guabba.
You havin' an acid flashback, Gramps? :D