Quantcast

the random thought thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm an idiot, mumbled the words I'm a mechanic when talking to French tourists.
Next minute I'm under their 1970`s Toyota camper which sports a shitty Aussie made engine trying to follow the vacuum lines.
Turned out the dude had fit new vacuum lines but messed up the breather and vacuum line so if he put his foot on the brake the engine would almost stall, haha!

Did they slip you s jambon in return?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Watching- White Guys With Beards Making Knives.
I like that they don't bother with guards on angle grinders but the contestants put on safety glasses when the judge attempts to cut a rug with their blade.
It would be awesome to see a wheel explode and hit a judge in the chest, that'd learn 'em.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ski observations.pdf
The ski club has been a hub of activity over the holidays and it has been gratifying to observe the many ways in which people have appreciated the facilities. We would like to share a few observations from the last couple weeks.

A volunteer arrives at the chalet early in the morning to light the fire so that visitors will have a warm place to gather and rest.

Families sharing their Christmas baking, and cooking hot dogs over a fire after a ski or snowshoe on Family Day. Ketchup will wash out of snowsuits.

People helping others find the right equipment for their first attempt at cross-country skiing or helping others with the bindings on their snowshoes.

Kids enjoying a card game together in the chalet.

A letter is submitted by a local naturalist that chronicles the activity of birds and wildlife on the trails.

One toddler entertains herself sliding on the small hill by the chalet. Another enjoys a ride in a sleigh down the snowshoe trail complete with blanket, a supply of crackers and a juice box. Another "snowshoes" the trail in her father's arms.

Visitors from both coasts, Nova Scotia and Vancouver, happen to be in the area and snowshoeing at the same time.

The heated addition provides a comfortable opportunity for some work on the building and the grooming equipment.

An aboriginal family harvests cedar boughs from the snowshoe trail to produce medicine for a friend.

Many visitors take advantage of the opportunity to take some photos of friends and the beautiful scenery on the trails.

A teenager chooses to relax and read by the corner window in the warm chalet on a snowy afternoon while her family skis.

A lone classic skier strikes off into a quiet heavy snowfall.

A family enjoys a picnic lunch in the chalet after skiing the trails.

Groomers enjoy the job of manicuring the trails under a starlit night.

Imprints in the snow on the beaver pond of a loser in a friendly wrestling match.

Someone takes it upon themselves to split and stack a pile of firewood.

Friends share a mixture of what appears to be hot chocolate by the beaver pond.

Many new faces light up after "finding" the trails for the first time.

A red faced mother rests on her poles after beating her daughter in friendly race... for maybe the last time.

Everyone is invigorated by the fresh air and exercise and fellowship.

All that and no TV's, no computers, and no text messaging. It's just people enjoying each other and the great outdoors and some healthy activity (hot dogs excluded).

We would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and thank you for your contributions. It is great to see the facilities being appreciated in so many ways. Your support and hard work have made it possible.

Rainy Lake Nordic Ski Club Executive 12/31/10

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You know when you get one of those semi- hardened boogers stuck in the back of your throat/nose? And in the process of trying to clear it, it inevitably ends up blasting down into your mouth in a gag inducing blob?

Drinking boba tea is like sucking a cup full of those boogers up through a straw. :nope:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You know when you get one of those semi- hardened boogers stuck in the back of your throat/nose? And in the process of trying to clear it, it inevitably ends up blasting down into your mouth in a gag inducing blob?

iseeyou.gif

I did that yesterday and found out the hard way it was a scab that released old faithful levels of blood into the world.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This new Outlook version is hot garbage. Basically just the web version in a window.

Tell me why I can't just copy a simple attachment, rather than downloading and finding it somewhere.

:disgust:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This new Outlook version is hot garbage. Basically just the web version in a window.

Tell me why I can't just copy a simple attachment, rather than downloading and finding it somewhere.

:disgust:
If you could make Teams not set the in meeting volume to 20 every time and deafen me I'd appreciate it, kthx.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Going back 15 years + we would hike up summits in the Laurentians and slide back down on crazy carpets. Fun, yet dangerous stuff.
I broke my tailbone sliding down a hiking trail on crazy carpets. pointy rock hidden just below the snow's surface knocked the tip of my tailbone right off. Haven't been able to sit right for 20 years as a result.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I broke my tailbone sliding down a hiking trail on crazy carpets. pointy rock hidden just below the snow's surface knocked the tip of my tailbone right off. Haven't been able to sit right for 20 years as a result.
Could that in part explain your back problems?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
" I can't cook!"

No, you're lazy, bad at following directions, or both. Just be honest.
Amen bro. I have just sent this picture of homemade spaghetti to a group of friends and some of them started whining about how hard it was cooking.

IMG_20240128_130631_256.jpg

I mean bitch it's just six eggs, some salt, almost half a kilo of extra fine flour and four spoons of olive oil. We're not talking about designing the fucking James Webb space telescope here.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Amen bro. I have just sent this picture of homemade spaghetti to a group of friends and some of them started whining about how hard it was cooking.

View attachment 206893

I mean bitch it's just six eggs, some salt, almost half a kilo of extra fine flour and four spoons of olive oil. We're not talking about designing the fucking James Webb space telescope here.
You bought 2kg of rubber bands and cut them so they looked like spaghetti, can't fool me.
1706526629867.png