Quantcast

things @kidwoo likes thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah very hard to understand. I'm not familiar with operation of those things and can only guess, but unless there was some malfunction and it started moving my itself, it seems either he did something pretty risky or maybe someone else was involved despite reports that he was alone. Who knows, could be just one of those freak things. In any case, hope he pulls through.
maybe he was ghost ridin' the whip

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
maybe he was ghost ridin' the whip
A guy killed himself on my aunt’s property with a forklift. E brake didn’t work, dude had it in gear and jumped out to chain something and it started moving. Got him dick first and rolled over him. Was a big junkyard forklift. So I imagine that’s how it happens on a snowcat too, wasn’t moving and once some hydraulic pressure built up or the ice crystal holding it broke or he kicked the rock grabbing at the blade.

Personally, around machines with people in them or running, I keep a hand on it with an outstretched arm. So if it starts moving I know right away.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A guy killed himself on my aunt’s property with a forklift. E brake didn’t work, dude had it in gear and jumped out to chain something and it started moving. Got him dick first and rolled over him. Was a big junkyard forklift. So I imagine that’s how it happens on a snowcat too, wasn’t moving and once some hydraulic pressure built up or the ice crystal holding it broke or he kicked the rock grabbing at the blade.

Personally, around machines with people in them or running, I keep a hand on it with an outstretched arm. So if it starts moving I know right away.
His is a new one. Those things have so many safety features on them, they shouldn't move while running and no weight on the seat. You can imagine the damage one of those would do if they got loose on a ski slope. It shouldn't have been able to roll.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
His is a new one. Those things have so many safety features on them, they shouldn't move while running and no weight on the seat. You can imagine the damage one of those would do if they got loose on a ski slope. It shouldn't have been able to roll.
Forklifts have the seat switch too. It can be easily bypassed, but can’t imagine why you would until it malfunctions. I can’t imagine a snowcat would slide easy with the tracks locked either. As you say they are operated on some steep slopes. But he ran himself over somehow, maybe a dog or child helped him do it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
His is a new one. Those things have so many safety features on them
You must be new to America™

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
but he's handsome and has lots of money and only recently moved to his idea of a rugged mountain locale!

there could not possibly be any stupidity involved!

speaking of which.....none of what cops initially said seems to be true

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
hey woo...check me out yo! look what arrives tomorrow. i'ma live!!!
View attachment 187229
I know the owner of that company. I used to ride dirtjumps and dh bikes with him pretty frequently. He broke two borrowed wheels I loaned him when he was a broke ass college kid. I should probably cash in on that now ;)

I'm very happy for your future safety!

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
"...Therefore, it should not be used on public roads, and even on race tracks or private roads..."

So where? Crop touring only? I'm confused. :thank:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Those should really come with a organ donor application card or two.
Massive head trauma, the bodies surgeons dream of!
I bought an extra clip 15 years ago before they were accessorized like that. I've mentioned it before but driving slowly on hacked out roads keeps unnecessarily locking the seatbelt when you actually do need to be able to move your torso around as the vehicle rocks all over the place. You know all those trails in the videos I posted? That's why. Spent a lot of years stashing tools near trail projects on what used to be roads

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Oh, I get it, we drive for tons and tons of miles on slow, awful dirt roads with gates and shit in Peru. But I guarantee 95% of those sold are to clowns also drinking a Coors or whatever in the parking lot.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Forklifts are stupid dangerous, especially the older ones. Hell they didnt even really have brakes until the 80s. I dont drive them as much as I used to but the ebrakes often dont work well enough to keep them stopped.

When I was building my bridge I rented an 8k telehandler and proceeded to get it royally stuck in some deep snow. I just stabbed the forks into the ground and used the boom to push myself backwards until I wasnt stuck anymore. Heres to telehandler wrangling at midnight in the woods with no cell service, by myself!

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Forklifts are stupid dangerous, especially the older ones. Hell they didnt even really have brakes until the 80s. I dont drive them as much as I used to but the ebrakes often dont work well enough to keep them stopped.

When I was building my bridge I rented an 8k telehandler and proceeded to get it royally stuck in some deep snow. I juat stabbed the forks into the ground and used the boom to push my backwards until I wasnt stuck anymore. Heres to telehandler wrangling at midnight in the woods with no cell service, by myself!

Would have been a lot easier to just build a gap jump.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Probably less permits too.
Let this be a lesson.

I think you're on blm or even tribe land right?

In 2019 we finally got the USFS to build a trail they'd permitted in like 2008, and had funding and a route for even longer. The biggest holdup was this damn dinky little bridge, like an 8ft span. We got them to finally do everything else with the understanding that they had the money, nepa analysis and all that other shit in their hands and it was on them. First thing I did once they trenched the trail in and left was build two little lumps on either side of the creek because I knew it would never happen. 2023 and that tiny little jump is well used across the definitely not bridged creek. Damn fools want to pretend it's about sediment etc. but wouldn't let me build the thing that actually prevents people from riding through it, when we had 12 people around. Easily half the traffic uses the jump keeping wheels out of the creek.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@kidwoo this project was on county land (luckily) that butts up to state lands.

Jumps are more better than bridges. 8ft is a bunnyhop at speed. Should be safe and fun! We had a trail project on BLM land and the NEPA/approvals took 5 years.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Those should really come with a organ donor application card or two.
Massive head trauma, the bodies surgeons dream of!
All of my worst fucked up (or just outright dead) MVA patients over the years were all unrestrained drivers or passengers.

It ain't rocket surgery.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Kidwoo likes splitting hairs. He likes civilized discussions on semantics. He also may like helicopter flying rednecks getting their comeupins, but it’s unclear on the terminology he would use.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Me and my buddy beat the shit out of coke head Tommy. After dragging his unconscious body out of the bar into the alley out back to the applause of the other patrons we found his shoes in the bar. I returned to the alley and threw them at the just standing up tommy, one hit him in the face and knocked him down again. Cokehead tommy had hit Craig and Yuri (Japanese exchange student) I was dating.

This was only eclipsed by the severe beating of nazi Josh. Nazi Josh wasn’t welcome and got hit a lot. Being a 110 lb nazi is probably a bad idea.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Me and my buddy beat the shit out of coke head Tommy. After dragging his unconscious body out of the bar into the alley out back to the applause of the other patrons we found his shoes in the bar. I returned to the alley and threw them at the just standing up tommy, one hit him in the face and knocked him down again. Cokehead tommy had hit Craig and Yuri (Japanese exchange student) I was dating.

This was only eclipsed by the severe beating of nazi Josh. Nazi Josh wasn’t welcome and got hit a lot. Being a 110 lb nazi is probably a bad idea.
Is that a clash song?

sounds like a clash song