Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
intense dh tires have entered the chat
I literally cut an Intense tyre off a rim once when it was due for replacement. Broke two tyre levers and then threw a tanty and grabbed cutters and hacked the stupid thing off. Needed side cutters for the bead. I don't know how they got it on in the first place.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I literally cut an Intense tyre off a rim once when it was due for replacement. Broke two tyre levers and then threw a tanty and grabbed cutters and hacked the stupid thing off. Needed side cutters for the bead. I don't know how they got it on in the first place.
Aluminum shears. Tool of many uses.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
IIRC that was the motorcycle DW was working on at the same time he was working at / running Trust
Ok! I know he had one but I didn’t know he worked on the Cake. I’ve only seen them with the Ohlins upside down fork up until that photo. Those are fun but the seat is high and the tires and rims suck for dirt, imo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ok! I know he had one but I didn’t know he worked on the Cake. I’ve only seen them with the Ohlins upside down fork up until that photo. Those are fun but the seat is high and the tires and rims suck for dirt, imo.
yea from what i was told / read he was working on a moto version.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
True (dull) story : a few weeks back I had a gravel/roadbike in for a crash replacement/insurance claim. The guy had claimed for a set of £300 carbon gravel bars to replace the entry level roadbars that had broken. (I guess that's small concellation after some dick in a car punts you into tarmac) A few days after collecting his meticulously rebuilt bike he returned to complain I hadn't routed his hoses/cables through his new bars. His fancy new bars were indeed internal routing compatible but the exit holes were for internal stem/headset routing and his frame/stem weren't. No amount of explaining the issue to him seemed to be getting through. Dude was fucking hard work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can't even imagine how much of a pain in the balls it would be to setup hydraulic lines through frame, headset, stem and bars. My road bike is external hoses to the downtube with internal through just the aero bars, getting the hoses the right length and not covering everything with DOT fluid was a PITA.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
OMG you bunch of fucking gimps.

View attachment 193635

You actually asked for this shit! :rofl:
I was wondering what bike that was, then found the article. That whole bike looks like they let an industrial designer's first concept drawing go through to the factory as a blueprint. What the fuck. The bottle gloryhole at least succeeds in distracting us from the cable routing for a second

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I was wondering what bike that was, then found the article. That whole bike looks like they let an industrial designer's first concept drawing go through to the factory as a blueprint. What the fuck. The bottle gloryhole at least succeeds in distracting us from the cable routing for a second
The full weight (24kg) of the thing is actually really low for a 180mm 900wh Eeb. With all that weight up high in the downtube (longer battery) and the retarded bottle position it's weight distribution is another.... Er... interesting choice.
But it's a Canyon. Folk generally seem to buy those looking at the price and trinkets unwittingly gaining awkward surprises for later

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The full weight (24kg) of the thing is actually really low for a 180mm 900wh Eeb. With all that weight up high in the downtube (longer battery) and the retarded bottle position it's weight distribution is another.... Er... interesting choice.
But it's a Canyon. Folk generally seem to buy those looking at the price and trinkets unwittingly gaining awkward surprises for later
hey Gary have I ever told you the story of the extra big ass whiskey?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Probably... Doubt I was listening then either.
I know I've told you I don't like either whisky or whiskey so touché, huh?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
As an experienced mtb'er, I can see the usefulness of such bibs. I wear bibs for skiing, and occasionally the chamois bibs for biking. But this advert. Hmmm...what's up with the picture? I don't get it. And if this is trying to speak to kids with a ton of money to spend on gear. I don't think they'd get it either.