Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nonsense. Don't sell yourself short. Pedal harder. :p

there's just no world where I maintain 474W power over 20 minutes. in street clothes. on an upright-ish, comfortable bike with fenders, rack, and panniers.

(admittedly, this includes what I put into the equation, which probably was 100W. but still isn't happening.)

in conclusion, electricity is cool

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I miss my 45mins each way by bike - if I blank out the cars/peds and garbage juice puddles I had to avoid. Used to take me the same time as the subway would have.

edit: my commuter, purchased June 2008.

1713902695207.png

Run on the singlespeed freewheel side, hated the fixed side when I tried it.

edit2: Sold in ~2015 for $200 :D

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

there's just no world where I maintain 474W power over 20 minutes. in street clothes. on an upright-ish, comfortable bike with fenders, rack, and panniers.

(admittedly, this includes what I put into the equation, which probably was 100W. but still isn't happening.)

in conclusion, electricity is cool
I thought you were talking about being as fast as @6thElement .

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
update for y'all, since I know you're waiting with bated breath:

not moving forward with this outfit for now. awaiting quotes from contractor buddy of one of my online frens (who in turn is a developer here in Denver, and is the brother of one of my former residents here at work. whew), and from the landscape firm run by the guy whose plowing company handles the mountain house driveway.

both quotes should be in by next week, in theory.
contractor guy swung by house yesterday or today. and he made the good point that the linesets for the 5 head heat pump would all need to be disconnected and refilled as part of replacing the ledger board that runs the width of the house behind them.

so I'm inquiring with the engineering firm whether a two part ledger board setup avoiding this area or a different reinforcement plan might be suitable, and also asking my HVAC company how much said disconnect and refilling would actually run. (they'll be out there in a few weeks anyway for the 2 ton single head extra heat pump setup for the master suite.)

shows contractor guy is actually serious/thinking through this, though!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
EV9, GV60, GV70 Electrified with $7,500 retail bonus cash for purchases in case y'all are in the market for such things. EV9 is too small as a minivan replacement as I concluded above.

Awkwardly named "G580 with EQ technology" shown off. $180k or so. I'd honestly be interested in one of these in about 5 years after it's depreciated to <$50k.

edit: the unadorned mustard color one is awesome. 8:00 or so into video

g-wagen.PNG

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm thinking the weather looks promising for some carving laps on Friday morning at MJ, swinging up to the house to turn on the PV system now that I have permission to operate... and then a quick trip up Sunday morning to catch some powder and head back down here for eldest kid concert fun-time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I miss my 45mins each way by bike - if I blank out the cars/peds and garbage juice puddles I had to avoid. Used to take me the same time as the subway would have.

edit: my commuter, purchased June 2008.

View attachment 210807

Run on the singlespeed freewheel side, hated the fixed side when I tried it.

edit2: Sold in ~2015 for $200 :D
My motobecane set up like this had over 10k miles on it when the computer shit the bed, and that was 3 years ago. Granted, I quit riding to work because of COS infrastructure and population explosion, but i still ride it regularly. Best 300 bucks I've ever spent.

IMG_20170724_115725.jpg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
headed to Costco on Saturday for some Diet Coke, croissants, wife's eyeglasses if they're done, maybe two inflatable stand up paddleboards for mountain house use

and will totally get this for the front yard here if it's available in a size that'll fit in the car. I don't think this big boi one would and it's not on Costco.com. would put it out front and not tell wife. how long until she'd notice?!

GL3eZLnWMAAwYQV.png

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I
headed to Costco on Saturday for some Diet Coke, croissants, wife's eyeglasses if they're done, maybe two inflatable stand up paddleboards for mountain house use

and will totally get this for the front yard here if it's available in a size that'll fit in the car. I don't think this big boi one would and it's not on Costco.com. would put it out front and not tell wife. how long until she'd notice?!

View attachment 210858
I have a van, I think we can fit 4-6.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 210858

Cultural appropriation

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

View attachment 210858
How much?

That'd be funny to stick in the forest next to one of the loamer trails. :rofl: