Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On the upside, the Macy's furniture delivery of living room coach + loveseats appears to be actually happening. They're driving over from Fraser at the moment--they've got a tracker thing.
Ultimately the Macy's delivery actually happened on time and properly. Amazing, and unexpected given the shitshow with earlier attempts by other companies.

The loveseats look really small in the space. Oh well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
More for ‘squeeb, a Jeep pickup doing pickup things

0524ABF5-7A61-4FF0-AE56-15B073AEED14.jpeg

teeny tiny trailer. 10” wheels?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going to pick Mariko up from horsies this evening on the e-bike now that I have this lovely seat for her

Feet in the panniers, maybe? hmm

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_0245.PNG

Either someone's ransacking the house or their crew is up there as promised.

:derp:

37 Freedoms and snow showers up there, for the record.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Going to pick Mariko up from horsies this evening on the e-bike now that I have this lovely seat for her

Feet in the panniers, maybe? hmm
Feet in your pants pockets clearly. Either that or side saddle.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Shutupandtakemymoney.gif

Of course, I'm sure Ford would fuck it up and make it a 4 door with a hot tub size "bed" if they ever actually sold it to the public

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Shutupandtakemymoney.gif

Of course, I'm sure Ford would fuck it up and make it a 4 door with a hot tub size "bed" if they ever actually sold it to the public
Would likely never pass modern safety requirements if built as a new vehicle. But otherwise preferable to the mahoosive size modern trucks are.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm sure you all have been waiting with bated breath for my latest Big Deck Update </kiwi accent a la Shared Skittles>

Front entryway and 2nd floor small decks are done.

Tear-down of back deck under all those layers seen in my prior in-progress demolition photo revealed they added multiple layers of waterproofing (and thus ice and water) under the tiles... and used untreated joists.

The big deck railing also is rusty at the bases, no doubt related to the same process.

So I told the contractor to go ahead and replace the joists with treated lumber (and making sure the one side is shored up for the hot tub, again) and get a new railing in place. Old one was janky, and it's just money.

Drywall work should be done within a week and the deck's final completion will hinge on the railing's availability: he said they can lay down all the Trex on the back deck in 2 days, so that's not the holdup.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
youtube channel

electric mountainbike network

even my luddite brain found some shit interesting....

electric motor/gearbox combo....w bluetooth and gps...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went from the giant-tired, long, heavy, slack commuter bike x a few weeks

to the Shuttle for yesterday's Mountain Lion, and the Shuttle felt like a BMX bike. Big hoops but felt short and light (!). Tires and suspension felt amazing, even though the former are on their last threads.

then hopped on the commuter single speed for the short, flat jaunt from Discount Tire to work (Nokian changeover day!) and it felt very low, slow, and generally tiny

Perception is everything

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So I told the contractor to go ahead and replace the joists with treated lumber (and making sure the one side is shored up for the hot tub, again) and get a new railing in place. Old one was janky, and it's just money.
Capture.PNG

plus a bit more labor. Will be a better finished product for all this.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
there comes a time to put on the tiny-in-comparison winter tires

that time was yesterday

I have a replacement center cap for that front left corner. Just need to Dremel out the center to make it fit (Tundra OEM needs this mod).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
370FFC1E-882B-499A-9A96-91678817D32F.jpeg

Mariko-kun looks old today. Resuming reading Dune from where she stopped before (because that library paperback was due).