Quantcast

*(*(*(* Tough times thursday *)*)*)*)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Which gin?
I’m still working my way through a bottle of Gunpowder Irish Gin. It’s a bit flowery but nice.
I like ‘boring’ gins — Beefeater, Tanqueray, with Schwepps tonic. I can’t stand all that fever tree shit. I do really like Sloe gins actually but they are expensive and tend to last 5 minutes round here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20211021_170235.jpg

i have a toomah.....

or....i might look for a job being around dogs again...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hendricks?
I tried that, no thanks. When I was in Denmark fancy gins were all the rage at the parties I went to. Yuk. I totally agree with Sandwich. Bombay Saph, Tanqueray, Beefeater. Schwepps OG tonic, 40/60 ratio, a drip of neat gin on top, no lemon.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I tried that, no thanks. When I was in Denmark fancy gins were all the rage at the parties I went to. Yuk. I totally agree with Sandwich. Bombay Saph, Tanqueray, Beefeater. Schwepps OG tonic, 40/60 ratio, a drip of neat gin on top, no lemon.
Gin and blue lo carb Monster was my pre-party drink of choice for a while. I called it a Pine Sol because it tased like the cleaner smelled.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hendricks?
I like Hendricks, but it’s like zesty vodka rather than gin.
It’s the other new ones that are weak. Currently have a French one, previously an Irish one, and before that haku or something. They were all soooo mild. I like gin because it’s got a little meat on it compared to vodka. The new age gins don’t.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I really like Hendricks, but I'll also happily use any other gin too. When it comes to tonic, I'm not too proud to say that my absolute favorite, is the Kroger store brand. Plus, it's dirt cheap. Afraid I just do understand the fancy tonics. All G&Ts need a good lime.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
are you like, an astronaut?

my go to college likker drink was either just a handle of beam or a giant pitcher of kamikaze
I started bringing Wild Turkey to parties. I got credit for contributing to the supply, with the assurance there’s be something in the bottle for me throughout the evening.