Quantcast

Trail bike tires.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If I were buying tires and wanted to try something new I'd absolutely consider those. Other than the centerknob sipes that are angled dumb, that tire looks like it would work pretty damn well.

This is how I know people buy tires based on brands and not whether they know what makes a good tire design.

truly dumb is this
or this

But that first one looks pretty legit. And it's made for dirt. Allegedly.
My problem with wtb seems to center around how much these damned things weigh. That dhf knockoff weighs 100g more than the dhf in the “light” format. The dhr2 wannabe is 1400g.

the tires I ended up with are around 1200g per side. I didn’t think it would be so noticeable, but if I can get two tires around 900g, that’s over a half a pound of rotating weight. The vigilante front seems okay as a trail tire, but I am unimpressed with the trail boss so far. Maybe if there was more dirt and fewer leaves, or maybe if it were warmer, but if I’m adding weight then I better be adding traction.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My problem with wtb seems to center around how much these damned things weigh. That dhf knockoff weighs 100g more than the dhf in the “light” format. The dhr2 wannabe is 1400g.

the tires I ended up with are around 1200g per side. I didn’t think it would be so noticeable, but if I can get two tires around 900g, that’s over a half a pound of rotating weight. The vigilante front seems okay as a trail tire, but I am unimpressed with the trail boss so far. Maybe if there was more dirt and fewer leaves, or maybe if it were warmer, but if I’m adding weight then I better be adding traction.
wut

verdict.JPG

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my favorite wtb was the WEIRWOLF. because obviously paws have the bestest tractionzzzz
1700279175878.jpeg

and don't forget about everybody's favorite jurassic dinotire! the velociraptorrrrrr!
1700279270935.jpeg

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Here just buy these.

they won't kill you

probably

they're made for dirt

See?
View attachment 203794
What is the verdict on it? :D

Sandwich