Quantcast

trip to Santa Monica looking for advise

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Skip Santa Monica and drive an hour north to Santa Barbara. Velo pro has a demo fleet of kona process 153 bikes and trails worthy of such hardware. Santa Monica trails? Break out a 29 hardtail xc bike ;) There is some good stuff, but pretty non technical.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Well my sister rented a house in Santa Monica, her and my daughter are doing the LA shopping thing the Ellen show etc so while they are doing that Im biking

Thanks for the help!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Don't listen to these posters, they have no idea what they're talking about. PM me, there's good trails in SM to be had, but you won't find them without help.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Don't listen to these posters, they have no idea what they're talking about. PM me, there's good trails in SM to be had, but you won't find them without help.
Bull on Santa Monica Proper. Now if you head up into the Santa Monica Mountains. yeah there are great trails everywhere but you need a local to show you. I grew up riding there did a lot of poaches and had a ball. If he doesn't hook up with someone like you then Sycamore will at least get him some dirt

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
I'm in rochester ny it has been in the 20's for the last 3 months with single digit and sub zero wind chillsI'll take any warm riding I can find, even if it's on a moped lol
image.jpg

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Bull on Santa Monica Proper. Now if you head up into the Santa Monica Mountains. yeah there are great trails everywhere but you need a local to show you. I grew up riding there did a lot of poaches and had a ball. If he doesn't hook up with someone like you then Sycamore will at least get him some dirt
The trails I'm talking about have all been developed in the last couple years, I doubt you've ridden them, at least not in their current state. Not sure what you mean by bull in Santa Monica proper since I ride to the trail heads from my house near Santa Monica college, but they are in the Santa Monica mountains. Look me up next time you're here, I will show you around.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The trails I'm talking about have all been developed in the last couple years, I doubt you've ridden them, at least not in their current state. Not sure what you mean by bull in Santa Monica proper since I ride to the trail heads from my house near Santa Monica college, but they are in the Santa Monica mountains. Look me up next time you're here, I will show you around.
inside the city limits.

We used to ride a ton of stuff behind Will Rogers, top of Palisades Highlands and some stuff off Bundy from Muholland Plus the parks in Malibu. Thanks for the offer, Next time I go visit family in Woodland Hills and take my bike I'll PM you

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
I'm going to be back in Santa Monica with my family from the 3/25-4/1 wouldn't mind finding some new trails in the Santa Monica mountains, thank you