Quantcast

Tyler is hurt apparently...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
According to Velo news' front page article he was hurt in the spill today. Messed up his back I guess... too bad, I really wanted to see him have a good tour.

WTF is up with all the crashes anyway, seems to be a lot more than usual.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Paul said that there are some years with more crashes and are very dangerous and others where there are hardly any. He said this is one of those crash years.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Wumpus said:
He was in 13th place at the start today. "The Man" just can't catch a break.
Unfortunately, he crashes too much. Today's wasn't his fault by any means, but wtf??? :dead:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Wumpus said:
He was in 13th place at the start today. "The Man" just can't catch a break.
Thank you for the correction. I am sure that Tyler appreciates it. Hell hath no furry like a MassHole scorned!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Repack said:
He no longer answers to Dude.
No Walter, you're not wrong. You're just an asshole.

That's ashame. I wonder if Tyler will still compete in the Olympics or if it's that serious :(

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
He's in 13th, but that's not a bad place to be right now, before the Tour really starts in the mountains. Places 7-12 are Postal domestiques and will drop way down when they start to work in the hills. Places 1-5 are placeholders, not Tour GQ contenders, and will also disappear on the first hill day. Lance is 6th, and that's where the real count starts. So Tyler is really in 2nd, 1:36 behind Lance. That's better than last year,and he doesn't even have any broken bones (yet). Tyler's sitting pretty, waiting for Lance to show any weakness. Unfortunately he won't.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Hopefully, it isn't too bad. He has quite a few days to recover. The first 'real' mountain stage isn't until next Friday. Though Wednesday's stage has a Cat1 and two cat2 climbs and is 145miles long. :eek:

Hamilton Injured In A Crash Yesterday

The leader of the Phonak team, Tyler Hamilton, was caught up in the crash with 1km to go in stage six. Another rider fell on the American who finished 4th overall in 2003. Hamilton's team director Jacques Michaud has told a reporter from French television that the rider has back pain today because of the incident.