Quantcast

<~*~>Wednesday Weirdness<~*~>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No shit, by that mindset I guess do they owe my wife and I the 75k we actually paid back? Thankfully 2007 the economy was booming and finding a job was easy.
Oh ya. :wave:
75K is a small price to pay for the privilege of complaining about how kids these days expect their loans to be forgiven, they need to take personal responsibility and not expect handouts.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So yeah, today is my 1 year and yesterday took a pay cut. :rofl:

Life is fun sometimes. At least I have 4 days off.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They gave you smack?? :confused: :D
It is restricted, so I'm assuming so variety of it, yes.

Speaking of smack, I got to explain meth and Methies to Haley this weekend during our drive. We got solicited by a pair looking for money, which forced me to fully unload the car at our first hotel, so I got to explain it. She also pointed out somebody walking around like a ghost in Santa Fe as "is that a Methie?", which I got to confirm. We talked a lot about native American history, reservations, etc. during our drive and how people can fall into that trap just because of the society they live in (but also can put themselves there). Hannah is on stimulants, so it was a bigger conversation about ADHD and how some drugs can help, etc.

Sometimes I really think I should stop teaching the little people, but damn if she doesn't have a very transparent view of the world already. And she has the ability to properly question what people are telling her.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It is restricted, so I'm assuming so variety of it, yes.

Speaking of smack, I got to explain meth and Methies to Haley this weekend during our drive. We got solicited by a pair looking for money, which forced me to fully unload the car at our first hotel, so I got to explain it. She also pointed out somebody walking around like a ghost in Santa Fe as "is that a Methie?", which I got to confirm. We talked a lot about native American history, reservations, etc. during our drive and how people can fall into that trap just because of the society they live in (but also can put themselves there). Hannah is on stimulants, so it was a bigger conversation about ADHD and how some drugs can help, etc.

Sometimes I really think I should stop teaching the little people, but damn if she doesn't have a very transparent view of the world already. And she has the ability to properly question what people are telling her.
i used to go tweaker spotting when I was in SLC on business to kill time.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On a fun post-boss meeting, we're putting together our 2024 goals for a senior management presentation. This is being done to the guy who specifically elected to bypass me for the promotion. One of the things they want us to add is our 2024 personal development goals. I got my CFP last year, which was pretty huge, so I just left "complete CE requirements for current designations".

Boss asked why I don't put something else in their, like look for a CFP position or try for a Lead role. Not really sure if he thought really hard about that before I told him it's because one takes me off the team and the other I was clearly just bypassed for by the person I'm presenting to - so why would I even waste my time again? The look on his face was... :eek::twitch:

I think it's starting to register, finally. I've stopped doing senior rep activities over the last two weeks, which is becoming more problematic for him. The newly promoted guy doesn't know how to do half of this shit (shocker; welcome to experience) and where I would normally step in when a manager is needed to resolve things, our manager is having to. You have two types of senior people - those who drive reckless fast and you want to teach others to keep up, or those who drive faster than most, but keep the road open. Management is now learning what happens when the guy keeping the road opens, stops.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tired

Had to present to my V.P. at 6:30 this morning. Things actually went well. While all the yes men in the room were kissing her ass she thanked me for standing up to her and saying no.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On a fun post-boss meeting, we're putting together our 2024 goals for a senior management presentation. This is being done to the guy who specifically elected to bypass me for the promotion. One of the things they want us to add is our 2024 personal development goals. I got my CFP last year, which was pretty huge, so I just left "complete CE requirements for current designations".

Boss asked why I don't put something else in their, like look for a CFP position or try for a Lead role. Not really sure if he thought really hard about that before I told him it's because one takes me off the team and the other I was clearly just bypassed for by the person I'm presenting to - so why would I even waste my time again? The look on his face was... :eek::twitch:

I think it's starting to register, finally. I've stopped doing senior rep activities over the last two weeks, which is becoming more problematic for him. The newly promoted guy doesn't know how to do half of this shit (shocker; welcome to experience) and where I would normally step in when a manager is needed to resolve things, our manager is having to. You have two types of senior people - those who drive reckless fast and you want to teach others to keep up, or those who drive faster than most, but keep the road open. Management is now learning what happens when the guy keeping the road opens, stops.
after my 5 day weekend i'm pretty checked out. heard more stuff today that more things are going to shit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tired

Had to present to my V.P. at 6:30 this morning. Things actually went well. While all the yes men in the room were kissing her ass she thanked me for standing up to her and saying no.
i am proud of you

my bro-tato

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
after my 5 day weekend i'm pretty checked out. heard more stuff today that more things are going to shit.
That's kind of where I am. 5-days off, my busiest but least beneficial plan reassigned (my doing) so I have time, and being sick. So my FTS is about 12.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Geeking out on turbine research while waiting for the county to get the permits ready. Also refinishing some furniture in the garage out of the wind and rain. The surveyor should be done in a day or two, patiently waiting to rent an excavator to pile and burn the veg then a small dozer to make a useable pad. The existing pad on the property isn't even big enough to turn around a pickup or build an 800-square-foot house. In order to meet the local CC&Rs of a 1800 sq ft dwelling I need to do some pretty good pad pushing and excavating in order to have enough useable space for a house, garage, and reasonable parking area. Right now there is room for nothing.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I opted out of my FSA this year. I’ve had a few medical appointments and I’m already happy that I don’t need to use a special debit card and submit supporting documentation. Totally worth it (given that I can afford it).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
2 festivals so far, sounds like an actual tour is in the works.

I feel you on lombardo, but that was a decade ago.
buddy posted this today; doesn't seem like kerry and tom really want to tour more...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The last time I saw Slayer was Tattoo the Earth tour at Portland Meadows Rockfest in 2000, here is the setlist, they dont make shows like that anymore

Amen
Esham
The Famous
Spineshank
Systematic
UPO
Relative Ash
(hed) p.e.
Cold
Sepultura
downset.
One Minute Silence
Nashville Pussy
The Workhorse Movement
Full Devil Jacket
Nothingface
Puya
Stone Temple Pilots
Sevendust
Hatebreed
Mudvayne
Slayer
Slipknot

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I opted out of my FSA this year. I’ve had a few medical appointments and I’m already happy that I don’t need to use a special debit card and submit supporting documentation. Totally worth it (given that I can afford it).
Or just do the HDHP and HSA.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
buddy posted this today; doesn't seem like kerry and tom really want to tour more...
They also said they would never play together again yet here we are.