Quantcast

/\~/\Wednesday Wetness Wake Up/\~/\

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The uploader has not made this video available in your country, mate. :D
Strange mate! I wonder why they'd do that, probably something to do with it being publicly funded or something.

Just some peeps canoeing down the French River for a few hours, without any talking or other sounds.
1715795087387.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my son will be eligible to join the school "band" next year in 4th grade and has expressed interest in doing so. his 2 top choices are clarinet and trumpet. my aunt still has her old clarinet apparently. which would be nice to not have to rent an instrument.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the annual mileage on my car dropped drastically since covid. i'm not complaining. my round trip commute for work is 34 miles. only real "distance" is sees any more is trips to the bike park (even then only a few times a summer) and the occasional trip to my parents when its just me and the kids (sometimes my wife stays home so she can have some time to herself, which she deserves). that round trip is i think 500ish.
30K miles in the past 5 years for me. Year before that was 35K though. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talking with the team owner about Haley for next year because it will be a big shift with a full-sized kart and going into a class that doesn't have enough drivers locally. He's pushing somewhat to just say 'fuck it' to the local series and do two national series instead. It's two different classes, which means two different motors, but they are both two-stroke and have relatively similar power-bands. I need like $30k/yr more to make this idea happen... Who the fuck can afford this shit?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
my son will be eligible to join the school "band" next year in 4th grade and has expressed interest in doing so. his 2 top choices are clarinet and trumpet. my aunt still has her old clarinet apparently. which would be nice to not have to rent an instrument.
Check with the local shops if you have to rent. The place we got my daughter's violin from had a program where rental fee went towards a purchase if the kid actually maintained interest in the instrument. Assuming they keep it up it was actually a really good deal. By the time she had moved up through the kids sizes into a full size violin what we had spent on the rental bought her a pretty nice full size instrument.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Check with the local shops if you have to rent. The place we got my daughter's violin from had a program where rental fee went towards a purchase if the kid actually maintained interest in the instrument. Assuming they keep it up it was actually a really good deal. By the time she had moved up through the kids sizes into a full size violin what we had spent on the rental bought her a pretty nice full size instrument.
the school has something set up with a local music shop if we go that route.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> I need like $30k/yr more to make this idea happen... Who the fuck can afford this shit?
Only you rich people. :D

Just his technologically challenged, old man ass.
:rant:

ThisIsTheWay.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lawyer meeting went very well. We are doing a trust with half going to my oldest and half to my sister in laws. It's set up so if BMan dies, his kids get it and that seemed legit. It's still weird to be plotting what happens after I'm dead, but if we didn't, everything would go to my 2 ungratefuls. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
do you have a soundproof "practice" room?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got BMans first trumpet off Craigslist for pretty damn cheap. The slide was frozen, but I soaked it overnight and got it in playable condition with very little effort.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got BMans first trumpet off Craigslist for pretty damn cheap. The slide was frozen, but I soaked it overnight and got it in playable condition with very little effort.
yea, second hand is definitely an option we'd consider. however clarinet is his first choice, and there is already one in the family.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Worked last night. Slept today snuggled on the couch with the DSO. Woke to discover internet was down. (after seeing two Frontier trucks fucking about with the box/pole across the street this morning...) Did all the basic troubleshooting junk. Internet is back, but only after 45 or so minutes of time (that you don't get back!) spent with one of their phone guys. Who was much more helpful after I got him to understand I'd already done the basic troubleshooting stuff, the router/OST had power, etc.

TL;DR - work dinner tonight is getting phoned in.

20240515_171349.jpg

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
yea, second hand is definitely an option we'd consider. however clarinet is his first choice, and there is already one in the family.
Score. Yeah, I think he only played it a couple years so getting cheap used worked out. That was not the case when Mad Dog decided she wanted to play orchestral bass. :panic:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Decided to go out to the dunes for the birthday dinner, Heard it was good and spendy but was not impressed.

King crab legs were essentially frozen, drinks were watered down, mushrooms were without taste, fillet was raw and the bill with tip came out to 330. Won't be back, not recommended.

Otherwise, it was a good day. Picked up my welder from harbor freight that was on order for 3 weeks.

IMG_3329.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Decided to go out to the dunes for the birthday dinner, Heard it was good and spendy but was not impressed.

King crab legs were essentially frozen, drinks were watered down, mushrooms were without taste, fillet was raw and the bill with tip came out to 330. Won't be back, not recommended.

Otherwise, it was a good day. Picked up my welder from harbor freight that was on order for 3 weeks.

View attachment 211870

I shit my pants from reading that receipt.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

View attachment 211870
Fuck Bandon Dunes! Better off just going to Whiskey Run for some laps!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The E bike is for the beaches, and the moto is for the trails and dunes, otherwise, if you see me on an actual bike it will be chairlift delivered, possibly shuttled but nothing of that sort here. I have settled into my fat laziness and I am comfortable with it.
All I am saying is whoever laid out that place did mostly an amazing job! Theres alot of easy riding in and out of the forest there. It doesn't really make sense how it exists to be honest.

In the back forty somewhere theres a jump line that should be called the jank line - it's not safe/fun at all but all the pedally stuff is good to go IMO.

Damn it man those trails are probably the most wholesome network on the Oregon Coast.