Quantcast

what do you monkeys do for work?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i am currently 2 years into being a marine mechanic ($300/3days) and working part time at a bike shop ($100/2days). sorry if its already been posted but i searched and didnt see anything. so what do ya'll do for a living?

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
guro?

don't you mean guru?

i'm a pixel-pusher (retoucher)

there might have been a thread on the old server, but it was updated recently, and alot of the old stuff went bye-bye

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
I work part-time at REI for the gear benefits as well as the cool coworkers and I also work as an environmental consultant. its a fancy way of saying that I make sure that your cell phone towers will be safe to build, so that you'll have better reception. no, I dont decide where the towers go.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i mess around in php, write emails and surf copiously for "work"

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
mtnbkr4235 said:
Im a damn high school student who has no job and has to save lunch money for bike stuff. :mumble: :think:

haha, that is how I used to be too. Now I got a job at a local shop but I work like none at all so I still have no cash. I will work 2 hours and then go ride the rest of the day. Life is good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm a superhero's comic sidekick, currently unemployed. My best gig was short lived... worked with Wonder Woman, yummy.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Worked at a shop for 5 years, now i have 1 more year left of college and I am an Intern at Bayer Corporation in pittsburgh doing SAP system programming. Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I'm a liaison engineer for an aircraft company. When the folks in the design department screw something up, or the shop screws something up, I get to design the repair.

The new airplane we "should" be getting at the end of the year has a CF fuselage, needless to say I'm looking forward to getting some CF experience.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have 2 jobs:

1)Reply to stosh's GMT thread and varous other lounge threads
2)IT manager for smallish company (that obtains special hauling trucking permits)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I have 2 jobs:

1)Reply to stosh's GMT thread and varous other lounge threads
2)IT manager for smallish company (that obtains special hauling trucking permits)
Nice!

I'm The Juggies Nip Perker on The Man show.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I'm an Oracle DBA (Dirty Bull8hit Artist)
I somehow skate my way from job to job, knowing nothing, manipulating the system, letting everyone else do the work and time and time again always come out on top as the hero. I show up late, and leave early and yes, I'm a class A horrible employee. Why? Caus the system doesn't want you to have a phucking life. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE EVILS OF BECOMING AN ORACLE DROID, LIKE THE REST OF THE PACK. SCREW YOU, IT DROIDS, DROP DED.
:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Knuckle

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Knuckleslammer said:
I'm an Oracle DBA (Dirty Bull8hit Artist)
I somehow skate my way from job to job, knowing nothing, manipulating the system, letting everyone else do the work and time and time again always come out on top as the hero. I show up late, and leave early and yes, I'm a class A horrible employee. Why? Caus the system doesn't want you to have a phucking life. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE EVILS OF BECOMING AN ORACLE DROID, LIKE THE REST OF THE PACK. SCREW YOU, IT DROIDS, DROP DED.

Knuckle

Dude i think you are me...I do the same phucking thing

Corporate System :nuts: :eviltongu

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
It's always good to know what's happening at a company, hence, HR documents and such :thumb:
"That a**hole makes that much? JHFC"
"So and so and what's her name did what in the broom closet?"
"Jims wife threatened the secretary?"

Yeah, reading sheite like that makes the day go by quicker

Knuckle