Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
did baldy two weeks ago. what a rush. that place is wild and untamed.
Baldy is lame. Totally flat, hardpacked, mellow turns with no rocks. Yup, nothing to see there. :thumb:

High of 40 degrees today at the top of the mountain. F that. Wish we could get a couple more weekends out of it this season, but they're open early in the spring.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i've been back in the saddle for a bit now. the shoulder injury threw me off schedule for a bit. i did another road ride though; the grrrlie is a bad influence. to be fair, i did take her in the dirt road... on the dirt road; she did her first ever mountain bike ride on Sunday with Jason and I (and a few other non-RM kids) out at Chesebro. at 5'3", she was a bit small on my hard tail (18" Inbred with 28" bars), but that didn't stop her from picking some sweet rock garden lines and boosting a few roots. once i get her on a good sized bike, she is going to be an unholy terror on the trails.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i got a new grrrlie, who is a roadie. i've got a road ride on loan from overtheedge, now i just need to get her a mountain rig (she's only 5'3" - so if y'all know of a small XC HT around, lemmy know).

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Holy wow, something besides a single crown?? Let me know if you want some help with the PAR mod. Or just drop by with beer and I'll get that fork all butta-butta.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Nice find Ben. Hope to see you on the trails soon. Let me know if you want to get rid of those pesky brakes, cranks and drivetrain. I'm sure I can find a person who wants em. :)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I just hit Sully last weekend. Went up to the Hub then Eagle Rock and back. Woot!

I'd be down to do that again soon. I'm planning a ride Saturday, but don't have the specifics nailed down.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Fell on my dome and broke my neck. Supposed to be a veg on a vent right now.
Glad to hear you're ok Adam. The whole Socal krew was quite concerned with your well being.

And to let you know, you have helped Leatt increase their revenue a couple of margins. I say you call and demand royalties.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You biff a jump? We were worried about you man. No good to hear one of your crew went down. Where did it happen? You seriously have someone lookin out for you....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Glad to see/hear from you Adam, I talked to Jason and he filled me in.... Sorry to hear about the OTB "id have said situation then Id be inclined to post a pic of the jersey shore dude! LOL" but glad to hear that theres progress...
Keep us posted and Ill be checking in, Adam (aka chain tool dude on SJT) from MTBR said to say "hi"....

Get better brother! :thumb:

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
damn adam, sorry to hear about your neck.

i'm back on the bike starting saturday. gonna ride whiting ranch. any tips on what trails to take that will be fun on the downhill? i'll be riding my 4x bike.