Quantcast

¡Che, boludo! well, yeah dat ¡Che, boludo!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Enroute to short , easy ride this morning, found my [I thought] near-dead clutch shuddering even more than it had been...then the check engine light came on, cueing me in to finding the #2 plug wire boot had worked loose from the plug. Re-seated, car ran like a champ and I breathed a sigh of relief over no impending $1300 clutch job (or heinous labor in makeshift conditions to do it myself, blech).

Check engine light remedied immediately after ride, since a woman at the trailhead's ex had left a code scanner in the jeep when he ran off. Confirmed it was an engine misfire code and cleared it...first time using computer diagnostic anything. Thanks to 30 seconds of Youtube and some great luck. Car's running like an angry little top now.

Raided Peet's after the ride, finished rust busting/spot painting the chassis and remounted my skid plate, took buddy and his boys for some top shelf ramen in town, repainted my kettlebell I had just skinned of a useless rubber coating, and worked out.

Not a shred of Urdu studied yet, alas.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Door lock looks like?
Yessir. The door wouldn’t latch “all the way” shut, but a $55 door latch mechanism and less than an hour of my time and she’s all good. My theory that the original latch was just worn out seems to have proved out. She was a delivery van for a winery in a past life, I’m sure that door has been opened and shut tens of thousands of times.

Day 1 of summer heat. This is BS, can I have the rain back?
Don’t I know it… bike computer said it was 94.5° out there on my ride. A single 20oz bottle was not enough water for an hour and a half ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wtf?! The dishwasher just threw an error code now. Water not pumping out of the bottom. I don't have time to figure this shit out and fix it. Looks like we're going to paper everything for a month. Leftover stuff from parties for the last 10yrs here we come!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wtf?! The dishwasher just threw an error code now. Water not pumping out of the bottom. I don't have time to figure this shit out and fix it. Looks like we're going to paper everything for a month. Leftover stuff from parties for the last 10yrs here we come!
Or you could, you know, wash stuff in the sink?

Don't you have kids to do these menial tasks? :p

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Or you could, you know, wash stuff in the sink?

Don't you have kids to do these menial tasks? :p
The chore list I laid onto Haley as "welcome to 6th grade" was substantial; I don't know how much more I could add on immediately. And Hannah's 5 - that's a lot to ask when I can barely get her to complete the task of feeding the dog *when she has already pulled the food out*.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Speaking of appliances, or refrigerator water line was leaking, found the leak. Hey, new gasket, 40 cents, no problem!
But oh, no, no, no…turns out they designed those stainless water lines to not be repairable.
Only option appears to be a new $25.00 ten foot line.
Fucking lizards.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
You've cleaned the filter right?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wifey did last week...
Ours has a float in the bottom that supposed to detect leaks and prevent the dishwasher from flooding your whole house in the event of a substantial failure. It has a tendency to trip very early, usually when the filter gets clogged with shit that the menial didn't scrape off the plates first. If it's like ours its usually just a couple ounces of water. I just throw the breaker, pull the bottom kick plate off, stuff some towels in their to soak it up, and it's good to go.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ours has a float in the bottom that supposed to detect leaks and prevent the dishwasher from flooding your whole house in the event of a substantial failure. It has a tendency to trip very early, usually when the filter gets clogged with shit that the menial didn't scrape off the plates first. If it's like ours its usually just a couple ounces of water. I just throw the breaker, pull the bottom kick plate off, stuff some towels in their to soak it up, and it's good to go.
Tried real fast. Kick plate doesn't get me anything but he height adjustment. I need to pull it out later.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Tried real fast. Kick plate doesn't get me anything but he height adjustment. I need to pull it out later.
If it's a Bosch and the float is the issue, you pull it out, put towels under, and tilt it back 45* for a minute. That will clear it. If it's a bigger/ongoing issue you'll need to replace innards...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
New to me bike gets shipped tomorrow. Pretty excited about that.

Going to Snowshoe in a couple weeks. Think I’ll let the wife ride the DH bike and I’ll break this thing in…

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Speaking of appliances, or refrigerator water line was leaking, found the leak. Hey, new gasket, 40 cents, no problem!
But oh, no, no, no…turns out they designed those stainless water lines to not be repairable.
Only option appears to be a new $25.00 ten foot line.
Fucking lizards.
Ice maker, you say? Paging @SkaredShtles
Srsly. Quit buying fridges with water/ice bullshit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If it's a Bosch and the float is the issue, you pull it out, put towels under, and tilt it back 45* for a minute. That will clear it. If it's a bigger/ongoing issue you'll need to replace innards...
Midday project to pull it out then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crows nesting in a neighbors trees are hazing the shit out of anyone walking by, they have a few young ones on the ground trying to fly. It is the best thing I have seen in a while. They leave me alone, cuz we cool. I hope the little ones make it so I have 4 birds that keep people away.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Wow, and here I thought they'd finished building it a long time ago!
Union’s & labor strikes, they’re still picketing in their togas. Sucks it’s been going on for over 2500 years. Where is Jimmy Hoffa when you need him?!in all seriousness, it incredible. They had to haul the marble 20 miles and the kicker was they carved it at the quarry then schlepped it up on the hill to construct. It’s crazy!