Quantcast

°° TGIFGMT °°

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The week that just keeps trying to kick me in the dick continues. Left headphone is dead, right one works but I can't hear shit out of my right ear, bawlz.

Now, to get Airpods, or try Marshall's version of Airpods?
I don't know how much airpods cost, but I can't imagine they are inexpensive. I've really been enjoying my Soundcore Life P3s. (Not audiophile quality, but still very good)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Airpods sound quality sucks, but they are the only earphones that stay in my ears and aren't uncomfortable doing so.
YMMW.
I can’t hear for shit so sound quality is a low priority, and my previous AirPods are the only ones that stayed in my ears. None of the eerbuds with little rubber pieces stay in my right ear at all, and only stay in my left if I keep my jaw perfextly

The Marshalls a reasonable alternative, same shape so they should stick in my ears and being made by an audio company maybe the sound quality is a bit better? They look cooler and cost $10 less

I don't know how much airpods cost, but I can't imagine they are inexpensive. I've really been enjoying my Soundcore Life P3s. (Not audiophile quality, but still very good)

Been super impressed with every Anker/soundcore product I’ve owned, my over the ear headphones are Soundcore and they’re the shit, battery lasts for months. Unfortunately I have tiny ear holes so any ear bud with a rubber tip is a no-go. Really limits me to AirPods and airpod clones

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Looks rattly. Gonna hit it with some bedliner or something to not make it sound like a dryer full of quarters?
actually, it is isolated very well with either carpet or hard rubber bushings at every bolt down point. It doesnt make a peep , I will leave it raw since it makes it easy to use it as a cheese plate method of mounting and dismounting since I prefer using a drill tap in 1/4"x20 to make all my threaded holes and the locations change so much. Everything will be bolted down with a thin rubber washer in between as well. I essentially made the same thing in my wrangler but learned a few things. The Bedliner won't allow anything adhesive to be used such as cable/wire management ties and is a pain in the ass to clean or prep if I need to weld something else down the road.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
I gotta ask, did you use unidirectional for that? How many layers and what orientation did you use?
All Uni. Started by sealing off the hole with some DP420 so that it wouldn’t collapse under compression. Then made a small 0 degree patch to fill it in. The following plies were one 0, four 45s, then finished off with a 0 across the whole repair.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The Marshalls a reasonable alternative, same shape so they should stick in my ears and being made by an audio company maybe the sound quality is a bit better? They look cooler and cost $10 less
Necro bump. What did you end up getting? In a rage driven by long term frustration, I smashed my (free) Galaxy Buds 2 against the wall last week. They sounded great while they sounded great, but everything else sucked about them. I just procured Galaxy Buds Live that don't require you to stick them inside your ears, and they seem fine. I need moar time for proper evaluation, but the 1st 15 minutes experience has been fine.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Necro bump. What did you end up getting? In a rage driven by long term frustration, I smashed my (free) Galaxy Buds 2 against the wall last week. They sounded great while they sounded great, but everything else sucked about them. I just procured Galaxy Buds Live that don't require you to stick them inside your ears, and they seem fine. I need moar time for proper evaluation, but the 1st 15 minutes experience has been fine.
Funny you ask, I procrastinated a ton and finally got the Marshall's while they were on sale over Labor Day. So far I like them well enough, couple minor quibbles are that as far as I can tell you can't see battery life anywhere, the ear detection is a little wonky compared to Apple, and they're just a hair bigger, so my right headphone won't stay in if I'm chewing/talking, lastly the black case is much easier to lose on my desk, but the gold trim on the headphones themselves makes them easier to find.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Funny you ask, I procrastinated a ton and finally got the Marshall's while they were on sale over Labor Day. So far I like them well enough, couple minor quibbles are that as far as I can tell you can't see battery life anywhere, the ear detection is a little wonky compared to Apple, and they're just a hair bigger, so my right headphone won't stay in if I'm chewing/talking, lastly the black case is much easier to lose on my desk, but the gold trim on the headphones themselves makes them easier to find.
I think I'll get another pair of the Buds Live if I see them on sale later this fall, I don't think they'll be around for much longer. Too bad most people can't live with buds that don't completely seal their ears from the outside.