Quantcast

œœœœœ -- SundaY -- œœœœœ

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up in the 4s and that was all she wrote. Had to drop off $ at the LBS as they gave me a tube the other day when I forgot my wallet, so I took the long way there just to explore. All kinds of neat things to pique my curiosity.

Today, I must go order some windows and pick up shelving to build out the bathroom closet.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
8th birthday today for my middle child. Wife did the “birthday door” with streamers taped across the door—is this a common thing or was her family just weird?

then unmounting all the window coverings in preparation for May 1-4 window replacement and then driving back to the flatlands.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Arrived at Palo Duro. Spent the night at lookout point. Neat sunset. Today we ride.

Side note, unsurprisingly, Amarillo was le shit hole.

Anyone ever rode near Santa Fe? Trailfork is showing promising stuff.

received_724767762729355.jpeg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
En route to Oaxaca, just landed in Dallas. Tracking thinger I stowed in the bike bag indicates the bike is here as well, so we’re off to a good start.

Elsa the cat spent the night out for reasons obscure to me. She is now sacked out.
Murder, probably.

Arrived at Palo Duro. Spent the night at lookout point. Neat sunset. Today we ride.

Side note, unsurprisingly, Amarillo was le shit hole.

Anyone ever rode near Santa Fe? Trailfork is showing promising stuff.

View attachment 192518
Rio en Medio if it’s rideable, I think I read somewhere that it got shut down because of a fire? Windsor trail is entertaining as well. That’s all I got.

Hola el tacos.
You said it, man.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what's on tap today. The wife took some days off this week to tackle some home projects. She's redone the kitchen and pantry, organized her office and cleared out the coat closet. I did the traditional dump run and Goodwill runs yesterday. She still hasn't touched the "spare" room, so that might be today. It's been a junk room since Lil Man moved out. I know I have a box or two in there, but the rest is all her.

<edit> also Portland spring, yay.

Screenshot_20230416-072645.png

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Race day. Qualifying is about to start. Just found out that Haley's kart is 12# heavy (240# class). Pulled 10# so this should make a difference. Rock and roll.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Had a great day yesterday walking around Huntington Gardens with a friend. I set a step-count record on my phone’s tracker. Not sure what’s shaking today. Gym. Music. Who knows.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Moar yard work on deck. I'm using the pole saw to hack out all the dead limbs and then dragging them down to the fire.

I figure its good cross training for all that mtb riding I'll be doing week after next in ColoRADo...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what's on tap today. The wife took some days off this week to tackle some home projects. She's redone the kitchen and pantry, organized her office and cleared out the coat closet. I did the traditional dump run and Goodwill runs yesterday. She still hasn't touched the "spare" room, so that might be today. It's been a junk room since Lil Man moved out. I know I have a box or two in there, but the rest is all her.

<edit> also Portland spring, yay.

View attachment 192519
That looks an awful lot like Portland weather, or some such.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I did that once as a kid. I was trying to prove to my friends that powdered coffee creamer would ignite if you poured it on a flame. They were convinced.
I'm in my late 30's though. Guess its hard to grow up. I didnt know i had burned my bangs off until the smell if burnt hair was following me around.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qualified 7/12. Her normal times are 5th; she got stuck behind someone. We're waiting to hear if she's being forced to start in the back as a new racer though. She has outdoor races from this winter, so she has 2/4 necessary races to qualify as experienced.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I seem to have misplaced my motivation this afternoon. Should I go out looking for it or just take another nap and wait for it to return ? Hard decisions on a gloomy day that’s threatening thunderstorms.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ended up working around the house then replacing wife's car battery. got shit done. will ride tomorrow afternoon. headed out to dinner with wife now. good stuff.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We'll, Palo Duro was a fail. An hour to get in the State Park. We 180ed and took the road instead towards Santa Fe

No Texas notch on my riding belt.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
50 miles of GRVL riding and had to attempt to put out a campfire assholes had left burning. All there was to hand was a tiny amount of snow and scooping up handfuls of dirt.

This was in the Hayman fire area, right near the Lost Creek Wilderness. They'd also left trash all around the site and in the fire ring.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That was fun.
Agreed. Perfect spring day at the Boat to wrap up the season.

We'll, Palo Duro was a fail. An hour to get in the State Park. We 180ed and took the road instead towards Santa Fe

No Texas notch on my riding belt.
No self-respecting mt biker will hold that against you. Also: fuck Texas. :D

50 miles of GRVL riding and had to attempt to put out a campfire assholes had left burning. All there was to hand was a tiny amount of snow and scooping up handfuls of dirt.

This was in the Hayman fire area, right near the Lost Creek Wilderness. They'd also left trash all around the site and in the fire ring.
This is infuriating. :rant:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This is infuriating. :rant:
Giant fucking log across the fire ring, could see the smoke as we were approaching, then there were flames still. Hard to put out when the log is that big and you're on a bike. It would have needed a few gallons of water, we had to scoop up dirt from 10 yards away in our hands :/

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
8th. Didn't get her rookie rating pulled, but one of the kids she was faster than had more previous races and his was pulled, so he slid up the grid. She fell out of the draft at the beginning of the first lap and never caught back up. She got lapped by 3 kids and she lapped 4 (all the kids behind). 4-7 were less than 1/2 lap ahead, but 1-2sec faster, as you would expect from the draft.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Giant fucking log across the fire ring, could see the smoke as we were approaching, then there were flames still. Hard to put out when the log is that big and you're on a bike. It would have needed a few gallons of water, we had to scoop up dirt from 10 yards away in our hands :/
Did you call Jeffco?