Quantcast

˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ•°*”˜ Flo Rida Fri Day @ GMT ˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ•°*”˜

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Adventurous I've got quite the burn pile stacked up also.

You can borrow my backhoe if you cover the hauling back and forth, plus all the deferred maintenance you may encounter.
:rofl:

I'll get the deferred maintenance experience when I get FIL's. He didn't grease the pins for a while and now all of the joints for the backhoe and loader are wallowed out. He just bought $4K worth of cylinders though since they all needed to be replaced. As do both of the buckets. And it's rusty as hell and could use a paint job.

It's lived a hard life.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey CO monkies, I want to send some wine to my CO in-laws but I can only find high-end boutique type places with $100-$1000 bottles. Is there a more reasonable shipper of local decent quality wines?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I'd think that Total Wine would be able to get some booze to them... they have a pretty good selection of value wines.
Oh, apparently they can’t ship to CO… maybe this is the issue I have been unknowingly running into. Only can ship booze intra-CO?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Oh, apparently they can’t ship to CO… maybe this is the issue I have been unknowingly running into. Only can ship booze intra-CO?
SPAM - I can ship wine from OR to CO, but only wine that I produce…

Kind of a moot point, bc it’s too cold for us to ship wine. Risk of product and subsequent reputation damage is way too high.

Fyi, shipping wine (legally) as a business in the USA is a pain in the ass. This may be the reason you are having trouble. Essentially every single state requires you to hold a liquor license in that state if you want to ship there. The license fees, taxes and reporting burden is high enough in a lot of states, that many small producers (wineries) don’t even bother. Colorado is actually relatively easy going compared to other states.

Did you try calling actual wineries in CO? There were some on the western slope when I lived there. Maybe they’ve upped their game in the last decades. That said, there are actually some crazy ass states that heavily restrict even in-state shipping. Not sure if CO is one of them.

Alternatively, Kermit Lynch will absolutely ship to CO and they have wine at all price points - other than “two buck chuck.” However, depending on what you mean by “local,” you might be out of luck…

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Stupid bikes, stupid beer, stupid down comforters, stupid snow, stupid meatball sandwiches, stupid dogs.

Not necessarily in that order.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Diner I visited for Lunch had Meatloaf and Gravy on special. Not a usual offering. On a whim. I ordered it. Fucking amazing! I got fries and asked for gravy on top. $5. Carrots, Peas, and Corn in a bowl on the side. Copious amounts of butter. Dinner rolls. Had trouble getting out of the car.